50.

Lloyd

"And jump!" I said. Bailee jumped into the pool. I picked her up as she giggled.

"Again!"

Our honeymoon. We were on our last day. And I was soaking it up with our daughter and Caroline.

It took us a month to even get out of the house after the wedding. But I made sure I took my wife on a trip. And she insisted that we did it as a family.

Carrie was cooking inside. She called out for me after a bit.

"Coming!" I said. I took Bailee out with me. I dried her off before going inside. I came over and kissed Caroline's cheek. She smiled.

"You hungry Bea?"

"Mhm!"

Watching my wife being a mother just felt different. It felt good.

I didn't wanna go home. But fantasies gotta end soon.

•••

We got home late. Bailee was asleep in my arms as we walked into the mansion. We found Denny in the kitchen of the house. Lassie came up and greeted us.

"Hi." I said. I set Bailee on the couch with a blanket. Caroline came in and hugged Denny. Suzanne came out. She looked tired and pregnant.

"Hey guys. How was the trip?" She asked. Caroline went and sat her down on the couch. I looked at Denny.

"So how was everything?"

"House is fine. Operations are great. It's okay man."

"Yeah." I whispered. "I was just nervous is all."

"Come on. I'd call you if something bad happened."

"I don't know if I would've even answered to be honest. Let it all burn for all I care." I said. He nodded.

"So you wanna get out of it?"

"Yeah. But I just...I don't know. I've gotta wait until Bailee is older. And I don't wanna force her into it like my dad had to do with me. I just..."

God I had gone soft since my kid. I was soft with Caroline. But thinking about that little bundle of joy was the worst.

"I get it. I'm starting to at least. I mean with Suzanne...I've been so protective ever since I found out she was pregnant. I can't imagine what's gonna happen once she cones out."

I glanced at him. "She huh?"

His eyes went wide. "I wasn't supposed to tell you."

"I won't say anything. Hey I'm just glad Bailee has a friend."

"Yeah. They're gonna grow up and be best friends I just know it."

I smiled. "Yeah."

•••

I walked to our room after I knew Bailee was asleep. I knew she was exhausted. So were we.

The lights were off, and Caroline was fast asleep in bed. I smiled to myself, looking at her sleeping state.

I changed before getting into bed. I was happy to see her sleeping. She hadn't done that much in the past few weeks.

My wife. My actual, real life wife. My Mrs. Hansen.

I leaned over and kissed her head. She shifted a little, getting closer to me. I pulled her in, making her sigh.

"I didn't realize you were still awake." I whispered.

"Barely." She said.

I smiled, petting her hair down her back. She relaxed into me as I laid on my back and let her come with.

I loved when she was just curled up right here.

"Lloyd?"

"Yeah love."

"I'm pregnant."

My ears didn't hear that right. She didn't even give a warning.

I sat up. "What?"

"I'm at least two weeks pregnant I just took a test after I got home." She whispered. She sat up against the headboard.

"What....why didn't you tell me?"

"I had a feeling but I wasn't certain. That's why I didn't drink on the trip but...I don't know are we ready for another?"

"Well what would you do if we weren't?"

"Abort it."

I stayed quiet for a second. "If that's what you wanna do then yeah..."

"But I don't want to."

"Are you ready?"

"As ready as I have to be..."

I leaned over, kissing her softly. She was shaking. I pulled away.

"Hey...hey.. it's okay." I said. I pulled her into a hug. She hugged me back, staying close.

"I'll take you in tomorrow. We will figure this out."

"Yeah."

"Hey...let's look on the bright side. We're growing our family. Bailee can have a sibling."

"Mhm." She said. She pulled away, wiping her eyes with the palms of her hands.

I kissed her head, pulling her in as I laid back. She silently cried in my arms.

"You know I'm not mad right? I mean this is one hundred percent my fault."

"Mhm." She said. I rested my head on hers.

I just continued comforting her until I knew she was asleep.

She was having another kid. Holy fuck.

I closed my eyes. Relaxing into her more. I was so stupid for not being more careful with her. But if I'm being honest, I hadn't been careful in years. Both of our kids are now accidents.

I didn't really know her exact feelings. I'm sure I'll hear them though. Maybe this is an excuse to not be working as much. At least in her nesting stage.

And Bailee will have someone to play with. She's gonna be the best big sister.

I fell asleep knowing that our family was growing, and I was honestly happy about it.