44.

"I don't know..." I said as I looked at the dress. It was perfect, but I just felt really awkward.

Margo stared at me in the mirror. "You and I both know it's perfect."

A corseted silhouette. Lace all around. The most perfect a-line cut and straps that were just thin enough to hold up, but not too big.

The dress wasn't dragging how I wanted, but it still looked like a gown. It wasn't too revealing. Wasn't making it so I couldn't walk.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yeah. This is you."

"Is it gonna be weird being that it's winter and I'm gonna be wearing these straps?"

"No. We will just find you one of those dorky little coats that are faux fur."

"Oh. Perfect."

"How much is it?"

"Two thousand." I said.

"Well how much did your mother in law give you."

"She's not my mother in law yet. And five thousand."

"Holy shit. Five grand?"

"They have just a few bucks to spare." I said sarcastically.

"Okay. Wow. Yeah let's get you this then."

"You really think he's gonna like it?"

"I think he would be happy seeing you in anything."

I nodded. "This is really happening."

"You are truly marrying that sexy hunk of a man."

"Margo."

"What can I say! You know I think he's cute. Not in a way like I'm gonna cheat on my husband. In a way like I know that he is the man of your dreams. Besides, you've been thinking about this day since you were seventeen. Don't even lie.."

"Give it back!"  I screamed as I chased my sister.

"I want a man with dark hair and pretty eyes. Tall enough to where I can look up at him. I want a winter wedding where the snow is only a bit on the ground. I want a venue with lots of windows. I want my husband to love me for me. I want my ceremony to be short, because ceremonies are boring. Caroline this is insane!"

"Margo! Give it to me!" I screamed. I jumped up as she held it in the air. I hated my height in these moments.

"You are so cute! You're just so ready to find your true love huh?"

I snatched the book. "Stay out of my fucking room!"

"Future husband! Come out and find my sister! She's lonely and writing fantasies again!"

"Dont you dare fucking bring that up."

"I think you found your true love. He was just hiding."

"Was he?"

"Hiding in plain sight at a random private school." She said.

"Well. Yeah."

"Come on sugs. This one is definitely all you."

"Okay."

•••

I walked into the house. I found Lloyd in the dining room with Bailee. Suzanne and Denny were over.

"Hey." I said. I set the bagged dress down. I came over and kissed Bailees head.

"I didn't know you guys were coming I would've planned dinner or something."