10.

I walked into Lloyds office after being sent an email I didn't want.

Ms. Martin,

Please meet me in my office after school. We need to discuss a few things.

Sincerely,

Lloyd Hansen

I knocked on the door.

"Come in."

It had been four days since I talked to Lloyd. I didn't wanna talk. What happened was so embarrassing that I didn't even wanna show my face.

I took a deep breath before walking in. Lloyd was sitting at his desk, doing papers.

"Sit down."

I did as he asked, sitting down. He continued doing his work for a couple more seconds before taking a deep breath and glancing at me.

"So..I think we should talk."

He was gonna end things cause I didn't talk to him. I was gonna have to move.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Why are you saying sorry?"

"Because I didn't talk to you and I ran off because I was upset."

"I was gonna ask if you were okay." He whispered.

I stared at him for a moment. He was genuine.

"I'm okay. I..I guess I was just embarrassed."

I knew he was just wanting sex. I knew for a fact that he was not caring about me but he just wanted something with me.

Lloyd definitely wanted to use a girl, and once she got attached let her go. So why this?

He nodded and glanced back at his computer before getting up. He walked over in front of me, leaning against his desk as he crossed his arms.

His finger moved to my chin, pushing my head up softly. I stared into his eyes.

"Tell me what's wrong."

"Why do you care?" I mumbled. He cocked his head, clicking his tongue.

"Yikes." He said as he let go of me. I just watched him as he went to his window.

"You didn't even try to comfort me. Someone saw us and you shut down." I said.

"I shut down? Jesus Christ you did! I tried talking to you and you literally ran. You didn't say a word. And then I texted you and you didn't answer."

"You said 'wanna come hang'. You were asking for sex."

"No I wasn't! I was asking if you wanted to come over in hopes that we talk."

"Talk about what?"

"Caroline they were bad people. And they're dead now. So there!"

I gawked. "What?"

I couldn't believe what he just said. Dead?

I watched as he snorted something before looking at me. "I'm more than just a principal and you know that."

"No...I don't know that."

"Oh please. You're smarter than that." He said. He sniffed.

I did know that. Cia. The club. Everything kinda made sense. He definitely had a side hustle.

I rubbed my temples. "I can't even think about this."

"What's so bad about it?"

"The fact that I am fucking some sort of mafia..government..I don't fucking know. Someone saw us together. I'm not sure that you realize but I'm not a part of your little game. I could be in danger."

"You are not in danger. I can promise you that."

I wanted to rip my hair out. I took a deep breath.

"Please...whatever you have gotten me in.."

"I haven't gotten you in anything. I promise you that you will not get hurt."

"Do you need anything else from me?" I whispered.

"Caroline. Don't do that."

"I don't wanna be in any sort of danger. I'll take the forty thousand as salary and get on with my life if it means I'll be safe."

In an instant, I felt lips on mine. I sat back, setting my hand on his chest.

His body moved between mine more. I sighed, getting closer by standing up.

Lloyd leaned against his desk more, holding me close. After a couple moments, I pulled away, straightening myself out. Lloyd groaned and pulled me back into another kiss.

I felt him move to push me up against the wall. I winced as he slammed me against it, pulling away.

"No...no."

"Caroline."

I sighed and rested my head against the wall. I closed my eyes.

Lloyd moved to softly kiss my cheek. He moved to my ear. I opened my eyes.

"I might be high, and you will never hear this from me again, but I don't want this to end." He said.

I moved to stare at him. He sighed.

"Can I take you out again?"

"No." I said and pushed off, walking out.

I couldn't get my heart broken.