2.

"Ms. Martin. School got out an hour ago and I asked you to come to my office."

I glanced at my watch before looking back at him.

"Sorry. I'm so sorry I got distracted with papers and criterias and syllabi."

"Names please."

"I really don't have any sir." I said as I marked off some papers.

"I feel like you did." He said as he came over and sat at a desk.

"Do you do this with all the teachers here?"

"If I told you no would that make you feel better or worse?"

I glanced up at him. He smirked.

"Ms. Martin, I cannot wait for you to join us here at Georgeston High."

"Mhm."

"I have a feeling we will see each other a lot."

I set down my pen to look at him. "First off, I'm already here. Already joined. Second, I'm not interested."

He cocked his head. "Interested in what?"

"Whatever you're trying to do?"

"I think the words you're looking for is get into your pants."

"Yeah. That."

"What can I say. You're fresh meat Caroline."

"That's nice. You're a bad fucking boss if you wanna talk like that. You get pissed at a student in my class for that but then you get to turn around and say the same thing?"

"Language."

"I think we've gotten past that because you're trying to get me to spread my legs right on this desk. So I'm going home. I hope you have an amazing night, I will see you tomorrow."

He smirked. "Goodnight."

I grabbed my stuff as he got up.

"Just remember to watch your back. This is a private school. There's a lot of connections. The more you fight things, the more word gets out. I can tell one person one thing and it spreads like a wave across an ocean. So be careful."

I glanced at him, shutting off my light.

"I hope you're not blackmailing me."

"Of course not." He said.

I shut my door and moved to look at him.

"I don't think you realize that I can also have just as high of a ground. I have my resources in the boards around here for education. I can get you fired so quick."

"Be my guest. That'll just make things more personal. I like you. And when I like something, I make sure I get it. I get what I want."

"So do I, Mr. Hansen. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got shit to do."

•••

I sat at my kitchen counter, debating on whether or not I should quit and find a new job.

But then that means I can't pay for my food or mortgage. Or my dog.

I looked over at my little Australian shepherd sitting in her bed. Lassie.

"What?" I asked as she stared at me. She turned her head to the side. I sighed and opened my email.

One unread message from Lloyd Hansen.

Great.

I opened it up.

Hello Ms. Martin,

I hope you're doing well after our conversation earlier. As your principal, and colleague, I make sure to give out my personal number. Please add my number in and shoot me a quick text to let me know you received it. If you need anything at all, please contact me.

Sincerely,
Lloyd Hansen

Attached was his number. I put it in my phone, but didn't text him. I also didn't email him back.

I shut my laptop and called for my dog. I should probably get some sleep.

I quietly got ready for bed.

I took off my makeup and took out my contacts, putting my glasses on. I went to my room and got into bed. Lassie jumped up and sat at the foot of it.

I heard my phone ding. I grabbed it.

Lloyd Hansen: I asked you specifically to text me.

Me: how do you have my number?

Lloyd Hansen: you usually hand your employer your information at an interview.

Me: that's unprofessional. My business hours are between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm. You can contact me then. Have a good night.

Lloyd Hansen: really wanna play that game?

I sighed, looking at my dog as she came closer. I pet her head.

Me: my business hours are between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm. You can contact me then. Have a good night.

Lloyd Hansen: remember what I said about ruining your career here? That can include other places too.

Me: my business hours are between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm. You can contact me then. Have a good night.

Lloyd Hansen: fine. Have it your way.

I shut my phone off, plugging it in.

Just as I laid down, I heard my phone ring. It was Mr. Hansen. I picked it up, not saying a word.

"You do know I have all of your personal information right. Your address includes that. If you wanna act like this, we can have a chat at yours."

I stayed silent.

"You wanna know why I'm doing this? I bet that's what you're gonna ask. I am doing this, because you're very beautiful. Who wouldn't want a beauty like you."

I continued to stay silent. His voice was hot, but this attitude wasn't.

"Are you gonna say anything Ms. Martin?"

I pressed the end call button and laid back. My phone kept ringing, so I put it on silent.

The worst he's gonna do is fire me. So who gives a fuck.