36.

Two years later

"Dada." Bailee said as he came in. He picked her up, tickling her little belly.

"Hi Bea. How are you?" He asked. She giggled.

"Good."

I smiled as he walked in. He pecked my lips.

"Hey."

"Hi."

Lloyd and I had been okay the past year or two. Bailee was growing everyday. The only downside was that Lloyd was busy.

I quit my job to stay home with my daughter. I knew it was the right thing to do. And I knew Lloyd could provide.

Lassie came into the room, sitting down at Lloyds feet. She giggled and sat down on the floor once he let her down.

I smirked, watching them.

This was actually the first day Lloyd had been home from work all week. Kinda the norm now. He had been off in different countries doing business. He was working hard on branding his ownerships more.

I just kinda wished he did that before we had a kid. She was at that age where she needed to see him there.

I watched Lloyd as he smiled while watching the dog and Bailee play. He felt my gaze. He glanced at me, giving me a little smile.

"You look tired." He said as he pulled me in.

"A bit." I said.

Yeah being a fucking single parent is exhausting. But I missed him so much that I didn't care.

He moved so that he was hugging me from behind while we watched. I rubbed his arms that were around my shoulders.

He was twitching. Like he was on drugs. I set my hand on top of his to stop the tapping. He took a deep breath.

"We need to talk later." I whispered.

"It's nothing." He said.

I rolled my eyes, leaning into him. Even if I was pissed, I missed his warmth.

He took a deep breath, resting his head on my shoulder. "You seem rather distant."

I didn't say anything. I moved to pick up Bailee.

"Alright girly. Bedtime." I said.

"Daddy put me to bed." She said.

"Yeah? Let's go sunshine."

He picked her up out of my arms. "Give mommy a big old kiss."

She moved to kiss my cheek. I smiled, rubbing her little cheeks.

"Love you, goodnight."

"Night night." She said. She signed 'I love you' to me. I taught her little bits of sign language when she couldn't talk.

I signed 'I love you too' with my hand. Lloyd took her off. I got the place cleaned up before heading upstairs. I glanced into Bailee's room before heading to ours down the hall. Lassie was in her dog bed in there, and Lloyd was reading her a book.

I went to the bedroom, going to change and wash my face and brush my hair. I put on some comfy clothes and got into bed with my book.

After a bit, lloyd came in. He went to his closet with his bag, setting it on the floor and starting to put stuff away. I was caught off guard as he did, watching him.

"Caroline."

"Mhm."

"Stop looking at me."

I went back to my book, not saying anything. I curled up more as I read.