30.

Lloyd Hansen.

I walked into Caroline's parents house. She smiled as her sister came in.

"Hey." She said. She hugged her tight while giving me a dirty look. I rolled my eyes. It's not like I intentionally got her pregnant.

She sighed, pulling away. "You already look great."

"Thanks." She said. She did not feel that way and was telling me on the trip over. Margo moved to hug me.

"You doing okay with everything?" She asked.

"He feels guilty and won't admit it." Caroline said.

I sighed. "I've admitted it."

Mike came in, hugging Caroline. "Heard I'm gonna be an uncle again." He said softly. She nodded.

I shook his hand, before we all walked into the house. Caroline was definitely nervous.

Wayne walked into the kitchen as we all got in.

"Im gonna go put our bags upstairs." I said. She nodded. I walked up. Lassie followed behind me.

"Yeah girl. I don't wanna hear it either." I said to her. I set our bags in Caroline's childhood bedroom. It was so sweet. Her pictures of her in high school. She looked shy, but also was definitely not a very good kid. I liked seeing that. She had changed through the years.

I walked back down with Lassie. Caroline was sitting down.

"Where's your mom and dad?" I asked before kissing her head. I set my hand on her shoulder.

"They're out right now. Wayne said they took the grandkids out and wouldn't be back until five. So I guess we just have time to relax."

I nodded. "You wanna just chill and watch some tv or something?"

"Sure."

I helped her up. We went down to the movie room, sitting down with each other. She glanced at me. Moving my hat backwards.

"Oh?"

I was dressed very comfortably. I was gonna change before dinner, but I kinda hated driving while in uncomfortable outfits.

"That's hot." She whispered.

"Good."

She moved it up on my head a little, giving my forehead a kiss. I smiled, resting back with her.

"You feel okay?"

"Not really actually. Kinda feel like shit but I'll get over it."

"Are you nervous?"

"Maybe. I think I'm just tired." She said. She grabbed a blanket, laying it over the both of us. There was a huge couch down here that we could both lay down on.

I moved my hat off and laid back more. She looked almost pale.

"Are you gonna throw up?" I asked. She shook her head no.

"No. I'm all good."

"Kay. Get some sleep."

I knew this was already taking a toll on her. She rested her head on my chest, closing her eyes. I played with her hair.

I knew she was asleep after a few minutes from how limp her body was. And soon I was tired too.

I closed my eyes, resting my hat over my face.

•••

I woke up to the sound of Caroline. We were both sprawled out on the couch. My arm was over her waist.