13.

"And that is what happened in the Ming Dynasty." I said as I turned off my projector. I turned on the lamp beside my desk, looking around the classroom. Lloyd sat in the back.

"Okay. I have a packet for you to read and answer questions on. Please annotate the reading, because it is half of the credit. You can work with your classmates if you get stuck, or raise your hand. And then if you finish early, I have a crossword for extra credit."

I passed out papers before turning on some instrumental music and walking to the back. Another gloomy day. The lamps that I had in the classroom made it relaxing.

I stood next to Lloyd. He smirked. He was jotting down notes. I glanced at him. He had very nice handwriting for a man.

"You do know that I'm in here for an observation right?"

"Really?"

"You're getting an a." He whispered. I nodded, playing with the mug of tea in my hands. Lloyd jotted something else down before showing me.

You have whisperers in your class.

I glanced around, seeing two girls whispering while looking at me. I gave them a look. Lloyd and I were a very good distance apart. Nothing looked suspicious.

"Poppy and Ava. I hope your packet is going well. I don't think we have to whisper the answers of when the Ming Dynasty started and ended."

They rolled their eyes and turned around. I looked back at Lloyd, giving him a little purse of my lips before heading back up to the front of the room. I set my drink down and sat at my desk. I glanced at Lloyd for two seconds, watching him smile as he wrote down a few more things before leaving.

A kid came up to my desk. I moved to help him.

•••

Suzanne walked into my room after school, holding up a drink. I smiled.

"Hi."

"Hey. I brought you..an iced black tea with lemonade and two pumps of cane sugar? I don't know. It's just a tea that sounded nice."

"Thank you. You didn't have to do that." I said.

She smiled, going to shut the door before pulling up my bean bag chair.

"So you and Lloyd?"

"Is none of your business." I said and smiled.

It had been a month since Lloyd had shown up to my doorstep. And now, things were great. We had a routine. He was at my house on Wednesday nights, and then I would bring the dog over and I was at his Friday into Saturday. Casual sex. No strings.

But we got to know each other more. Hobbies. Favorite foods. A bit of childhood and highschool. Friends. Family.

I took a sip of the drink. She smiled at me.

"Do you think if I asked him to come on a double date with you, denny, and I he would? I know you guys aren't official but Denny and I want some other couple to hang out with."

"I'm not asking him." I whispered.

"Oh I will. Would you guys go tonight?"

"I'm not saying no."

"So is that a yes?"

"Just not saying no. Whatever Lloyd says."

"Oh I'll be back." She said as she got up. I sighed as she ran out. I went back to grading.

A few minutes later Denny and Lloyd walked in with Suzanne. I glanced at them for a second, putting in a grade in my computer while waving.

"Well Carrie, sounds like we're going on a double date." Lloyd said.

I hated stupid things like this. Double dates were weird. I thought he would've said no, but I guess it is his best friends in college.

"Sounds good. What time should we meet you suzanne?"

"Hmm. 6:30? Denny you got reservations?" Suzanne asked. He nodded.

"Yeah we're down for 6:40 so that's perfect." Denny said. I nodded, smiling softly.

"Well, I should go home and get ready. Where is this place?"

"High end." Lloyd said. I gave him a look.

"Do you perhaps own it?" I asked. He shrugged and smiled. I knew he owned a restaurant around here. God he's a little khan artist.

I nodded and closed my laptop, putting it in my bag. "Alright. I'll see you all later."

"Carrie."

"Hmm."

"You drove with me." Lloyd said. I sighed, resting my head back.

"Okay. Let's go."

•••

I finished putting in my earrings. A long sleeve dress and heels is always a safe option for things like this.

I felt my phone buzz. Lloyd was outside.

I grabbed my purse and put some extra perfume on before leaving.

I walked out of my room, seeing Lloyd pouring a glass of water in the kitchen. He opened up his pill bottle and took a Vicodin.

I moved my hair behind my ear and walked in. Lloyd saw me, coughing as he took a sip of water.

"Fuck." He whispered. I smiled.

"Don't do that." I said. He pulled me in, kissing me softly.

"You look nice." He said on my lips. I smiled and kissed him again.

I kinda loved being casual like this. Friends with benefits was awesome. I didn't have to worry about if I was meeting terms in a relationship or anything, but I still had the perks of it.

"There's no dancing right? Cause these heels don't dance."

"No dancing. Just sit and look pretty."

"I'm great at that."

"Yes you are."