24.

Tw

"Hey." Lloyd said as he walked into my classroom. "So I'm gonna be gone for tonight."

"Why are you telling me?" I asked and smiled.

"Cause I know that tonight I'm usually at mine."

"Oh yeah. That's fine. Why, what's going on?"

"A bunch of meetings with my guys. So I'll be in town, just not at yours."

"That's fine. You have my house key. You can always just come stay over after."

"Okay." He whispered. "I'll see you later." He whispered. It was four pm. He pecked my lips. "And this weekend, I'm all yours."

"Okay. Bye." I said.

I was cursing him for not coming over. I really wanted to see him tonight.

As the new year had started, we had both been super busy. We hadn't seen each other as much and it made me really sad. The winter months were boring as is.

But I made do. I was used to being by myself for so long. So it didn't really feel like anything new, except for that I had new expectations.

High expectations? I mean I did have an awesome boyfriend.

I should go grocery shopping tonight. Lassie needs more food too.

I just didn't want to alone. But lloyd always had those secret guys watching me. So it was fine. Ewwww I was getting so attached to him.

I quietly put my things away, before heading out.

•••

I quietly walked through the grocery store. It was nine pm. I had gone home to let out Lassie and get a few things done around the house.

I felt my phone buzz. A text from Lloyd.

Lloyd: wya??

Me: shopping

Lloyd: okay. I just got done with one of my meetings. Are you out alone?

Me: yes. I'm a grown up. You need anything?

Lloyd: I need more coffee grounds. And I'm sending someone to your location.

Me: okay I'll grab some. And I'm just finishing up. You're fine.

Lloyd: mhm. I think I'll be done by like...midnight. So I'll come over then.

Me: I'll be waiting

Lloyd: if you're tired you can just go to bed.

Me: yeah. Might catch me on the couch. I'll talk to you later

Lloyd: :)

I realized I had been texting in a random quiet isle for a bit too long. I moved my cart over to the checkout.

It was quiet as the cashier ran me up.

"Your total is $47.53." She said. I put my card in. After I paid I put my bags in my cart.

"Have a nice night." I said.

"You too."

I walked out to my car with my cart. I opened the back and carefully put everything in.

Until something happened. I felt someone behind me. And before I could turn around, there was a cold barrel on my temple.

"Say anything and you die. Put your phone and keys in the car and shut it."

This wasn't happening. This wasn't fucking happening. The one time Lloyd didn't have men watching me.

"Get the fuck on with it Ms. Martin."

I quickly did it.

"Turn around, and go straight to the back of the van behind us."

I did what he said. I was shaking.

We got into the van. He shoved me onto the floor of it, grabbing some duct tape while the van quickly drove. He taped my arms and legs together, before grabbing a bandana and putting it in my mouth, tying it tight in the back.

Then I saw the man. He saw me in the parking lot with Lloyd at the club. Oh no.

I didn't know what to do except comply. Just do what he asks.

He moved to the front of the van. I felt my heart rate increase.

No panic attack. It's fine.

Lloyd would find me. I wasn't gonna get hurt.

I felt my breathing get more rapid. The man came back again.

"Quit doing that. Stay quiet."

I was trying to get air into my lungs. I couldn't do it. I couldn't breathe.

"Shut her up!" I heard from the front.

"Well, this outta do it."

I watched him lift his fist up, and for a second I felt pain.

Then it was dark.