18.

Lloyd Hansen.

"Hey." I whispered as I found Caroline walking down the hall. She glanced around and then at me. The halls were empty. It was an hour before the bell even rang. I was standing outside my office hallway.

I cocked my head for her to come in. She followed me down the hall and into my room.

It had been a couple weeks since the incident with her brother, as well as our relationship being something...nice.

I shut the door to my office, closing the curtains before pulling her into a kiss. "Good morning."

She glanced around. "Lloyd. We've talked about this."

Ever since we had made things official, she was even more on edge about people seeing.

"We're in my office. No one can see us. Now, what are you doing tonight? Cause Denny and Suzanne invited us to drinks and stuff at the club."

"I mean I'm okay with that but-"

"Great. Hey, it's Friday. Get pumped."

"Mhm."

I was day two on my period. And there was no way in hell this man would be having sex with me. But I guess that was a talk for another time.

I smiled at him before walking out. The last thing I wanted to do was go out tonight. I hated going out in the first place, but my hormones were high and my cramps suck balls.

Whatever. He would find out sooner than later, and he should be grateful that I'm still getting a period.

•••

I sat in Lloyds car. The air was getting cold. I had a long sleeve dress on, and my hair was down. Lloyd had a long sleeve turtleneck and some nice slacks and shoes on. He always looked so good.

I could practically feel my uterus shedding with the fucking cramps I was having. Maybe drinks would end up helping me.

Lloyd pulled in. I got out with him. He handed the keys to the valet and went off.

He moved to hold my hand. "You seem off."

"I have something to tell you but I don't think you're gonna like hearing it."

"Caroline. What happened?"

"I'm on my period and it's our sex night. I'm sorry."

He chuckled. "You're really cute."

"You're not mad?"

"God no. I would never make you have sex in the first place. If you were just tired and didn't wanna do it I would say okay."

"Best boyfriend ever."

"No that's just bare minimum boyfriend."

"You'd be surprised."

He sighed and stared at me as we walked. Just for a second, but it always felt like time stopped.

I smiled, blushing hard. He chuckled.

"I love when you're blushing."

"Shut up."

He took me over to the vip booth. Denny and Suzanne were already there. I put a relaxed face on again. Suzanne hugged me.

"Nice blush."

"Shhh." I said and laughed.

We all sat down. Denny and Suzanne were there for a good minute before going right to the dance floor. I rested back.

"I could use one of your Vicodins right now."

"I will never give you one of my Vicodins unless you are dying. I'm already addicted. I'm not letting you get addicted."

I sighed, opening my purse and finding some Tylenol. I took it with what I thought was ice water in Dennys glass.

"Oh fuck that's straight vodka." I said and coughed.

"What did you think it was?"

"I thought he was DD'ing."

"Oh god." He said and laughed. I chuckled.

"I'm gonna go get a drink actually. You want anything?"

"Just a brandy is fine. Thank you." He whispered.

I smiled, walking down to the bar. The music felt almost futuristic. It was also relaxing, but still danceable. I liked it.

I walked up to the bar, ordering lloyd what he wanted, and myself a vodka pineapple.

"I've never seen you here."

I turned, seeing a man about Lloyds age, looking at me. He had nice hair.

"Umm. I don't come often."

"What's your name."

"Kristina." I lied. I never told my real name at bars. It was a habit.

"Hmm. Where are you from Kristina?" He asked.

"Oh. I'm sorry- I don't wanna cut you off but I have to get back up to my group soon."

"You've got time. Now tell me sugar, where are you from?"

I felt him get closer to me resting a hand on my ass, but a man I didn't know pushed him back.

"Back up." He said. I looked up to our vip seating. Lloyd was leaning against the booth, watching me. He gave me a little smirk. He was on the phone.

I looked at the bartender. He was on the phone too. Wow. He really just knew.

"Oh shit she's the big guys play toy. Hansen! Nice one!" The man yelled. Hansen gave the guy a wave, which quickly turned into a middle finger. He walked down, meeting me.

"Boys. Out of the way."

Lloyd rested his hand on my waist. He smiled at the man across from us.

"You really should learn not to flirt with strangers Doug."

"Why? Cause I flirted with your last girlfriend and she cheated on you? Get over it Hansen. You knew she was a whore."

I watched Lloyds face turn into a devilish smile. "Watch your fucking back buddy."

I watched Doug walk away. Lloyd called his boys over. The bartender came over too.

I felt like a prize. Lloyd took his hand off of me.

"Go up to the booth. You're fine." He whispered in my ear. I went up, sitting down.

A couple minutes later and Denny and Suzanne came up. Denny scanned the room, seeing Lloyd before going down.

I looked at Suzanne. She sighed and sat down. "What happened?"

"Nothing. A guy just flirted with me and then all of a sudden I was like a celebrity with body guards."

"Oh god. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine I'm just confused."

"Oh shit it's Doug? Yeah Lloyds fuming." She said as she stood up to look.

"He said something about cheating and his ex."

"Mhm. He was dating this girl for a very long time. And then she cheated on him with Doug. Who the fuck fucks a man named Doug?"

"Who fucks a guy named Lloyd? Just saying." I whispered. She chuckled.

"You're not wrong. Well you're gonna have a fun talk later."

I sighed. I just wished one night out could go well.