38.*

I woke up to Lloyd walking around the room.

"Bailee." I heard him sneer. I heard giggling as well.

I opened my eyes, seeing Lloyd snatch his daughter up, holding her as she wiggled around.

"Bed bed bed bed!" She said.

Lloyd glanced over, seeing me awake. He set Bailee down. She ran over, nuzzling into me.

Lloyd was dressed. I glanced at the clock. 9:54 am. Shit.

"I didn't know the time. Sorry.."

"You're fine." He said as he opened the curtains as well as the doors to the porch. I felt the cool spring air come in. Bailee curled up to me more.

"Brrr." She said.

Lloyd walked outside, probably vaping. I sat up with Bailee, rubbing her little cheeks.

"Daddy!" She yelled. Lloyd popped his head into the bedroom, blowing out the vapor.

"What?" He asked.

"Make mommy tea."

I smiled, facing her the opposite way while I turned cartoons on for her. I set her on the bed, calling lassie up before going to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and put my hair into a braid before walking back out. I put some deodorant on before walking over to the porch.

Lloyd stood there, resting against the porch fencing. I came over, rubbing his back.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah I'm great I just...fuck." He whispered. He pulled me into a hug, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Whats wrong with me?" I whispered.

"Nothing. Nothing at all."

He pulled away, kissing me. I rested my hands on his chest. He continued to softly kiss me.

He pulled away after a few seconds. I looked deep into his eyes.

"Do you leave today?" I whispered. He looked away, looking almost pissed. His ears turned red.

He nodded. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

He glanced back at me, moving to hold my hands. He gave me a little kiss before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a box.

"No..."

"I've had it for so long. So I might as well."

He opened up the box. The box with a ring in it. "I'll marry you. I will. I'm sorry I just...what I said last night isn't what I meant. But being your husband will make me the happiest man on earth. And at the same time, I know I have more responsibility. And I have more to lose whenever I leave this house for my job. That's why I've held it off."

He got down on one knee. "So just us. Caroline Martin, will you marry me?" He asked.

I nodded, looking down at the ring as he put it on my finger. He stood up, kissing me.

I pulled back, smiling. "It's beautiful Lloyd....but now I just feel guilty.."

"No. No god no. You deserve this. And I've put it off and I'm so sorry. I love you so much and you're right. You deserve to be loved more than just a boyfriend because a husbands love should be more. I want to wake up and know that you're my wife and we're in this one hundred percent together. So whenever you want, wherever.."

"Just a quiet wedding with our families. Nothing fancy." I whispered.

"Okay." He said. "And about last night.. I am so sorry."