Chapter 97

I aggressively fling the toilet lid seat open for the fifth time this morning and vomit into it, gripping onto the sides for my life. I begin to choke and struggle to breathe, my stomach rolling up into itself. 

I back away from the toilet, thinking that I'm done, but then I feel it coming up again. I tuck my hair behind my ears so that it doesn't get vomit on it. I then proceed to throw up again, but this time I feel a hand on my back and my hair being lifted up. 

After I'm done, I shut it and flush the toilet, then wipe my mouth. 

"Why are you throwing up?" Kurt asks, still waking up himself. 

I feel bad because I probably woke him up. "Sorry if I was really loud."

He chuckles. "Don't apologize. It's time for me to wake up anyway. My flight is in a couple hours."

That only makes matters worse. I thought that my stomach couldn't hurt any worse, but I proved myself wrong. Now I have to be left alone sick. 

I stand up and walk past Kurt, tying my hair with a ponytail and washing my face with cold water, attempting to wake myself up. 

"I've been awake for the past hour," I explain to Kurt. "I'm surprised you haven't woken up. I've thrown up about five times."

"Now you know how I feel," He leans forward into the mirror and grabs his toothbrush, then begins to brush his teeth. 

He's right. Now I do know how he feels. He throws up almost every single day because of his stomach and there's nothing he can do about it. 

"But you're used to it so it's not as bad as me when I throw up because I don't throw up a lot," I inform him. "I'm not saying you don't go through anything, though."

"Yeah," He spits into the sink and then brushes again. "Are you okay though? What's going on?"

"I have no idea," I honestly say and brush my teeth, too, trying to get that taste out of my mouth. "I just threw up this morning."

"That's how Courtney acted when she was pregnant," He spits into the sink once more and rinses off his toothbrush. 

"I'm not pregnant, Kurt."

"How do you know? We just had sex--"

"Because I'm on my period," I chuckle. "Last time I checked you can't be on your period and be pregnant at the same time. I'm just sick."

He sighs out of relief. "I'm relieved."

I roll my eyes and rinse off my toothbrush and then put my hair up into a bun and look at Kurt. "I don't want you to go, especially when I'm sick."

"I'm sorry," He says. "I'll call Krist right now and let him know that you can't drop me off so he should come and get me."

He walks back into the bedroom, leaving me alone to sulk in the bathroom. I wanted to go with Kurt to drop him off at the airport to spend more time with him. I'm not going to be able to see him for a while, so I wanted to drop him off to get those last moments with each other.

Of course I had to get sick around this time. I wouldn't have minded being sick while Kurt was gone, but with my luck, there's no wonder that it happened right before he had to leave.

I begin to feel light-headed, so I go as quickly over to the bed as I can and bury myself under the covers, a cold flash coming over me. I bundle myself and shut my eyes, a stinging sensation coming onto my eyes. 

I groan. I hate being sick. I rarely get sick, so when I do, it gets really bad all at once. My body gets rid of everything toxic in my body all at one time and it doesn't work well with me.