Chapter 67

Today is the day that I meet Frances. Now that Kurt and I have officially been dating for a month, he thinks that it's a good time for me to meet her. Courtney only lets Kurt see Frances during the day as of right now, so he goes somewhere else with her. I never ask where he goes, but I know that he's not with Courtney. 

I've always had a soft spot for children. I think that what I went through with my father might have something to do with it, but I love them.

 I'm excited to meet Frances. I've always wondered what she's looked like and how she acts. By the way Kurt describes her, she's the most perfect human being in the entire world. 

Krist and Shelli have described her like that as well. They got to meet her before I did. They met her right after she was born.

Kurt misses her terribly, I just know he does. He's gone from seeing her everyday to only seeing her a couple days a week. I always remind him that things aren't going to be that way forever and he'll get to see her more, but he doesn't believe me.

He always tells me that I don't get it since I don't know Courtney. 

Kurt emerges from the front door holding a car seat in his right arm and a diaper bag in his left hand. I get out of the car and open up the back door, attempting to help him. 

He smiles as soon as he sees me do that. Before I know it, he's putting her car seat in the car. I try to catch a glimpse at her, but Kurt shuts the door. 

"Not yet," He shakes his finger playfully at me. "I want to wait to catch it on video."

"You want to take a video?" I smile at him. It makes me happy that he wants to capture that moment. 

"Yeah. Now let's go."

Right as I get in the car, I look back at the front door and I see a woman leaning against the doorframe. The front door is wide open and she's watching us. 

It's Courtney. 

She has messy blond hair with smeared red lipstick. She's wearing a cheetah robe with a bra on and shorts. Her fashion taste is definitely unique. 

The fact that she's just staring at me and not lunging at me or choking me shows how mature and kind she is. In another world, maybe she and I could be friends. 

If I was her, I would be livid and angry, but she just appears to be very calm, almost as if she's just absorbing the moment. 

"Kaitlyn, come on," Kurt says softly. 

I snap back into reality and get into the car, not once taking my eyes off of Courtney. She and I have a stare-down with each other.

I feel really bad for Courtney. She didn't deserve what Kurt and I did to her. She's probably a really lovely woman. 

"Is she mad at you for what we did?" I ask Kurt as we drive home. 

"Oh absolutely," Kurt replies. "She almost hit me when she found out."

I stare at him with my jaw dropped. "Are you serious?"

He nods his head. "Not like a punch or anything, just a slap across the face."

"That's still not okay," I mutter. 

"I know, but she never did it," He says, almost justifying what she did. "If she did, I wouldn't allow Frances to be around her."

                                          ------------------------------------

Frances is a very beautiful baby. Her golden brown hair peers over her forehead just a little while her eyes take the rest of the spotlight. Most babies' eyes are blue when they're first born, but hers are darker than most. They're a darker blue, but they're very big.