Chapter 50

"What's the date today?" Cash asks me as he continues to fill out forms. 

"It's September 11," I reply. 

"Done!" He sighs and plops the papers down on the counter. "God, that took forever."

"What was that for?"

"It was an application for a business class," He smiles. 

My eyes widen. "Wow, really?"

"Yeah. I'm sick and tired of working at that store. I want to do something with my life, Kaitlyn. I mean, look. Your brother started a band and look at how big they are."

"Yeah, I know what you mean," I walk towards him and give him a hug. "You're going to try to start your own business?"

"Yes. I don't know what for yet, but I want to do it. And you can help me-if you would like. We could be in this together."

I nod my head. "Cash, I would love that so much. Are you trying to open a store or just a business?"

He strokes his chin. "We can just open a store. We can sell things. What would you like to sell, Kaitlyn? Anything in the world and we got it."

I think about my interests and what I like to do. "We could sell...records and CDs and books about music."

He claps his hands together. "Bravo! Once again, Kaitlyn saves the day with her genius mind!"

I playfully slap him. "No, honey, that was all you."

He stares at me and I stare back at him. A smile forms on his face and I can see tears start to form in his eyes.

My eyebrows furrow and I place a hand on his shoulder. "Cash, what's wrong?"

"I love you," He blurts out. 

He doesn't cover his mouth after saying that. He doesn't look like he regrets it or didn't mean to. He just continues to smile at me after he said that. 

I stare at him in shock. My heart is beating out of my chest. "H-How do you know?"

He leans against the counter. "Kaitlyn, you are by far the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life and I know you don't know that which is what makes it so much better. You're not narcissistic in any way. You are the most selfless person that I've known. God, when I first looked at you I was blown away. I'm glad that you asked me to help you find that tool. But, not only that, the way you treat me does something to me. You go out of your way-no. You just treat me like I should be treated. You don't go out of your way to do it; you just do it. And I see the way you care about everyone else. You worry about your brother when he's on tour, you worry about your mother, so you visit her. You even worry about your goddamn father after all that he did to you. 

"You, Kaitlyn Watkins, have the biggest heart. And I love that our relationship is not based off of lust. You kiss me and we have done things before, but," He softly chuckles. "You don't just want sex from me. And that's something that I strive for. I don't want our relationship to be just about sex or physical. You bring out the best of me. I have not been this happy my whole life-even my family and friends have known it. You are the best thing that has happened to me. I, Cash Burckingston, am in love with you, Kaitlyn Watkins."

I am speechless. No one has ever talked about me in that way before. For majority of my life, I have been degraded and put down for no reason, but there has been a sliver of my life where I haven't. Every time I'm with Cash, he doesn't put me down. He lifts me up and always supports me no matter what. 

I am the luckiest girl in the world. I don't know how I could've possibly gotten so lucky to be with Cash, but I'm glad I did. 

Cash is the one person in the world right now that could walk through my door when I'm upset and I'd immediately stop crying. We've never even gotten into an argument before. There was one time we were bickering about who would pay for dinner, but he put his hands on my shoulders and told me that he was going to. I just dropped it, knowing that there was no way I would win.