Chapter 91

"Well we're going to have to cancel some tour dates then, now will we?" Kurt's mocking tone rings through into the telephone. There's a pause as he listens to the person on the other line. He takes a deep breath and raises his voice. "Kaitlyn is not fucking okay right now; I'm not going--"

I have to exit the room to get away from the yelling. I go into my closet and put on a dress that's appropriate for a school. I then put on my shoes and walk downstairs to where Kurt is again. 

He's still yelling into the phone. I'm worried that he's going to have to leave to go on tour despite what I did. I know that I'm not going to do it again, but I want him here with me. 

I gently place a hand on his shoulder. "Hey Kurt, I have to go to the school, alright?"

He turns around at me and kisses me harshly on the lips, cigarettes consuming my taste buds. "If they give you any shit for your arm, just call me okay?"

I chuckle. "Okay, Kurt."

"I wonder if I should go there with you. They won't say anything if I'm there."

"Because you're a rock star?" I ask him, raising an eyebrow. A lot of the time I forget that he's the most popular celebrity in the world. It seems unreal, that he's with me, but I try not to think about it. It makes me feel worthless.

"I'll drop you off," He puts the phone back to his ear. "I'm not doing the tour and that's fucking final."

He slams the phone back down on the receiver and walks over to his shoes, putting his Converse on. He's still wearing his pajamas, but that's what I love the most about him. He doesn't care what other people think about him.

"Are you sure?" I ask. "You don't have to come if you don't want to."

"I'll be fine," He ties his other shoe after finishing the first one. "Besides, I have to pick up Frances from Courtney anyway."

The thought of him going to Courtney's alone sends shivers down my spine. I know how she is. She's probably going to try to seduce him as soon as he gets there. 

He sees the doubt in my face and smiles, walking towards me. "I'm not going to fuck her, alright?"

"Promise me."

"I promise. Now come on."

I drive with Kurt in the passenger seat to the school. His eyes were on my bandage the whole time we were in the car. 

I park in a parking spot, then turn off the car and grab my bag, slamming the door shut behind me. Kurt gets out of the car, looking ridiculous in his pajamas. 

I chuckle and run to his side, clutching his hand. I like that he wants to come into the school and see where I work--even though those aren't his intentions. 

My hands begin to run clammy as we enter the building. If people ask about my arm, I'm going to have to lie to them. 

All eyes are on Kurt and I as we walk past all the teachers. They can't believe their eyes. The Kurt Cobain is at their school.

Kurt and I discussed what I would say about my wrist last night, after "making up". I would tell the teacher that I sprained my wrist. 

"Hey, where were Liza and the girls yesterday?" Kurt asks me. I'm surprised that he even noticed that they were gone. 

I shrug my shoulders. "I just woke up and they were gone. She does that a lot though, so I don't question it. Some days she'll be there and some days she won't." As we approach my classroom, I halt. "Here it is."

He looks at me with a sympathetic expression. "K, you'll be fine. I'm right here."

He opens the door for me and I walk through it, making eye-contact with Mr. Fields. He requested a while ago that I called him Eric, but I always forget to.