Chapter 48

After a couple of days, I ended up telling Cash about Kurt and I. He was very patient with me and let me know that if I didn't want to talk about it then I didn't have to. But, once I told him, he wasn't even mad. 

I was scared that he was going to be mad after this whole time, but he wasn't. He let me know that if I ever wanted to talk about it, I could. 

I also told him about Ethan and why we broke up. 

Cash was amazed by the fact that I had already dated two famous people. I didn't really see them as famous people, though. I got comfortable with them and had the same respect towards them as anyone else. 

I grab the spatula and scoop it underneath the grilled cheese, then bring it to my plate. I pour myself some of the tomato soup and put it on the table. I take a seat and start to eat my food when there's a knock on the door.

I groan and drop my spoon down in the bowl of soup and get up to answer the door. I unlock the door and open it up. When I see who's standing there, I let out a yelp. 

"Kaitlyn?" He asks, smiling as soon as he sees me. 

Shit. 

Fuck. 

Oh no. 

His voice pierces my soul. 

How is it him?

There's no way it could be him?

I'm left speechless, my jaw is dropped as I stare right in front of me. I have nothing else to look at except right in front of me. 

"H-Hello," I say, my voice shaking almost as hard as the rest of my body. 

I'm terrified on a whole different level. I know that I could slam the door, but I'm too scared to find out what might happen afterwards if I do that. 

"Kaitlyn," He says softly. 

I take a deep breath in, trying not to let him hear that I'm crying. Hot tears are flowing down my cheeks one by one. My left hand is shaking so hard that it's vibrating. My legs are about to give out. 

"Y-Yeah?" I ask. 

"God, Kaitlyn," He says one more time, clasping his hands over his mouth. "You look so grown up." He puts a hand on my shoulder and squeezes it gently. 

I flinch and close my eyes, turning my head away. There used to be a bruise on my shoulder from him, but now it's gone. It's been a couple years since I've ever endured something like that. 

"W-What are you doing here?" I ask, trembling underneath his touch. I keep my eyes shut because I'm too scared to look at him. I'm suddenly thankful that I live in an apartment complex because if he were to do anything, I could just scream and someone would help me. 

Hopefully. 

So many thoughts are racing through my head that I can't properly think. 

"You're my daughter," He finally lets go of my shoulder, but I can still feel his grasp on it. "I needed to see you. It's been...what, two years? I haven't seen you since you just got up and left."

I'm surprised that he hasn't hurt me yet. I know that he's angry at me for leaving, so why isn't he hurting me? I want him to just do it and get it done and over with instead of just waiting to do it and making me more terrified. 

"I'm sorry," I start crying harder, knowing that he's going to hurt me any second now. 

"Hey, it's okay," He comforts me. 

Wait. 

He's comforting me?

I finally open my eyes and look at him. He has a soft expression on his face-something that I've never seen before-and he has a soft tone-something I've never heard before.