Chapter 47

July 6, 1992

Seattle, Washington

"Does next Tuesday sound good?" I ask my client over the phone. 

"Yes," He replies. 

"Alright, I'll see you then."

I hang up the phone and sigh, leaning back in my chair. I am finally done for the day. 

I gather all of my belongings and make my way out of office. 

"See you tomorrow, Kaitlyn!" My receptionist hollers as I leave. 

"See you tomorrow," I nod in her direction, then turn back forward and go into my car, leaving to go to my apartment. 

On the drive home, I think about my life and how I'm more satisfied with it compared to a couple of months ago. 

I've been selling more houses and I've been happier. I haven't been thinking about Kurt and I've been cutting off all contact with him. I made sure that Krist and Shelli know not to talk about him around me. 

With Dave, we cleared things up and now things are good between us. He got over me really quickly. 

When I arrive at my apartment, I get out of the car, grab my things, and go inside. I immediately throw my things onto the couch while my phone starts ringing. I reach over onto the table and pick it up, putting it to my ear. 

"Hello?" I ask. 

"Hello," The voice on the other line says. "Is this Kaitlyn Watkins?"

I smile, instantly realizing who it is. "Why yes it is. Is this Cash Burckingston?"

"Why yes it is," He imitates me. "I will be at your house in about ten minutes. Is that alright?"

I nod my head vigorously, even though I know he can't tell that I am. "Of course it is."

"Goodbye, then."

"Bye."

I set the phone back down and walk to my room while taking my clothes off. I need to hurry and take a shower if he's going to be coming over. I turn on the shower and immediately hop in after all of my clothes are removed. 

As I'm in the shower, I realize that I'm nervous to see Cash. He hasn't done anything to make me nervous, but he's the first man that I've ever had over at my apartment. 

I met Cash at a store. I was struggling to find a certain tool that I wanted since I've never had to fix something before, so I asked him (since he was a worker) to help me find it. After he helped me find it, he asked me if I knew what I was doing. I explained to him that I needed help fixing my cupboard, so he offered to come over and help me. 

After his shift that day, he came over and he helped me. Without even realizing it, it had turned into a date. We ordered a pizza and watched a movie after he finished. 

We went on a couple more dates after that. By the fifth, he had asked me to be his girlfriend. I was hesitant at first just because of Kurt, but I decided to give him a chance. 

I haven't completely gotten over Kurt, but I've moved on for the most part. I haven't told Cash about Kurt and I, considering that we've only been dating for two months. I haven't gotten the chance to tell Krist, Shelli, or my mom about us either. 

I haven't told Krist and Shelli since Krist is still on tour and I want him to meet Cash before I tell him. I haven't told my mom yet because I'm planning on telling her with Krist and Shelli, too.