Chapter 79

Kurt lays down on his stomach on the bed as Frances holds my hands and I guide her to walk towards Kurt. She's been getting better at taking a few steps on her own, but she's still not quite there to be able to walk on her own, which for her age is perfectly acceptable. 

Kurt begins to laugh as Frances jumps up and down, getting closer and closer to her father. He then grabs her from me and tickles her stomach, making her laugh even harder. 

The past two days have been a lot better with Kurt compared to the last week. We've finally been able to find the perfect balance in our life and become positive with each other, no longer lashing out or leaving just because we have a disagreement. 

"When are we going to start planning our wedding?" I ask Kurt. He lays down on his back now and has Frances sit down on his stomach. 

He groans. "Ummm, I don't know. When do you want to start?"

"Soon," I run my fingers through his hair that's been growing. I love his long hair more compared to his short hair. "Really soon."

He tilts his head backwards to get a good look at me and smiles. "How soon?"

"If we could start tomorrow, that would be ideal," I grin at him and then rise to my nightstand, grabbing my ponytail and putting my hair up in a bun. "But if that's too soon for you, then we don't have to."

"We can do it whenever you'd like," He raises his voice and directs it at Frances. "Isn't that right, huh? Isn't that right?"

Despite his overdose, he's been doing everything in his power to be the greatest father that he can be and he's doing a really good job at it. He treats Frances better than any other father could. His love for her is more powerful than his love for anyone else, including me. 

I understand that. Children are more important. 

"We need to give you a bath," He rises up and looks at me. "I'm going to give her a bath, is that alright?"

"I'll start the water," I offer, then go into the bathroom, plug the drain, and start the water, making it lukewarm so it's not too hot or cold for her. I then go into our closet and pick out some clothes for her, along with a diaper. 

Kurt comes into the bathroom with naked Frances resting on his hip. "Look at naked Bean. Are you naked, huh? Are you naked? K should be the one that's naked right now, huh?"

I scoff. "Shut up, Kurt." 

He peers over into the bathtub. "Alright, we can shut it off now. It doesn't need to be that high."

I look over and it's higher than I thought it was going to be. I pull the lever all the way to the right, then look up at Kurt. "Is it alright?"

He makes a nervous face. "I'm worried that it'll be too high for her."

"Then get in with her," I suggest. I would offer to get in with her, but I'm not her mother. There has to be boundaries set. 

"You have to hold her so I can take my clothes off then," He hands her to me and I smile at her, making noises to make her smile, but her eyes are just focused on the water. 

She has a fascination with baths. She absolutely loves them more than anything. Whenever she sees a bath, she gets excited for it. 

Just like now how she's kicking her feet back and forth and giggling, bouncing up and down on my hip. 

Kurt plops down in the bathtub, water splashing everywhere. I give Frances over to him and then grab the bottle of bubbles and dump it in the water. 

"Do you think she'll like the bubbles?" I ask him.