Chapter 49

"Uno!" Krist shouts, slamming his cards down on the table. "Eat shit, motherfucker!"

"Okay, we don't need to be that serious," Shelli chuckles and rests her hand on his shoulder. 

"I lost yet again," Cash puts his bottom lip. 

"Oh, you'll be fine," I jokingly say and kiss him. There's a knock on the door, so I go over and open up the door to find my father standing there. 

I stare at him in shock and immediately walk outside, shutting the door behind me so no one sees him. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask him. 

"I wanted to stop by," He says. "Are you busy?"

"A little, yeah."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to drop by unannounced."

"Well you did," I let go of the door handle and lean against the door frame while crossing my arms. "You got to hurry and make this quick before they get suspicious."

"I just wanted to hang out with you here," He admits. 

Over the past couple of months, we've gotten closer with each other. I've gotten more comfortable with him. He hasn't hurt me at all. He hasn't even touched me. He respects my boundaries and knows what he can and can't do with me. 

At first we only hung out in public, but now, I let him come to my apartment. I still keep my windows open when he's over in case he tries to do something, then people will be able to hear me.

 I still haven't told Krist or even Cash that I'm in contact with my father. I don't know how Krist is going to react. I told Cash all that my father has done to me and Cash has decided that he hates my father, so I don't think I'm ready to say anything yet. 

"Oh," I say. "I'm sorry, but I have people over, so you can't."

"Do they know what we're in contact now?" He asks. 

"No, not yet. I'm not ready to tell them just yet."

Just then, the door opens and I panic. I turn around and see Cash in the doorway. 

He furrows his eyebrows and points at my father. "Who is this?"

"I'm her father," He speaks up and says. 

Cash's expression immediately turns to anger. "You're her fucking father?!"

"Please don't," I look at Cash with pleading eyes. 

"What the hell is going on?!" I hear Krist shout from inside and then he whips open the door further. "Who the hell is this?"

"Her father!" Cash exclaims. 

"You're her-"

"I remember you," My father interrupts Krist and points at him. "You've always been tall for your age."

Krist's hands clench into fists and I can see him huffing. I stare at him like he's an idiot. Why is he acting like an animal?

Cash is on the other side of him doing the same exact actions. 

"How are you not freaking the fuck out right now?!" Cash blurts out. 

"Because he's changed," I tell him, but cringe at my own sentence. I sound like a naiive little girl. 

Krist exhales and makes a noise out of frustration as he does. "Are you fucking serious?!" 

I am on the verge of crying. I just want everyone to be happy. My whole life, there's always been someone that's upset.