Chapter 31

"Happy birthday!" Shelli and I scream as Krist walks out of his bedroom, rubbing his eyes. 

A smile immediately forms on his face as he walks towards us, giving us both one big hug. It feels nice to be able to celebrate his birthday with him and enjoy it. Shelli came up with all the plans for today since I don't know Krist that well. 

I just hope that he enjoys it. 

"Alright, first things first!" Shelli announces. "We're going to go out to eat breakfast!"

Shelli grabs Krist's hands and puts a blindfold around his eyes, covering his ability to see. 

"Hey!" Krist squeals. "I didn't agree to this!"

"Yeah, you don't agree to a lot of things," Shelli smirks and I make a gagging noise-only joking, of course. 

                                      ----------------------------------------------------

We didn't do a lot for the rest of the day. We hung out at home and played games with Krist, but he didn't really want us to act like it was his birthday. 

I don't understand how people don't like feeling special on their birthdays. I never have and I never will. My birthday might mean something different to me than other people because everyday of the year that I was with my father, I never felt special. He always made me feel worthless-even on my birthdays. 

But my birthdays meant something to me. They made me feel special. Even though I only celebrated them on my own, they still had some meaning to me. 

"Ready to go?!" Krist calls for Shelli and I once more. 

I look at myself in the mirror and nod my head at her, letting her know that I like it. "Thank you so much." She curled my hair for the first time, and I absolutely love it. The way that that it bounces off my shoulders makes me giggle. 

I look really pretty. She also put a little bit of makeup on me, but not too much. She only did eyeliner and mascara. I didn't want anything else. She's letting me borrow a short, but tight dress of hers that's red. 

Even though she's basically family, she is rooting for Kurt and I. She knows that red is a sexual color, so she wants me to wear it, knowing that Kurt is going to be at the club, too. 

I've never been to a club before and I'm really nervous for it. I know that Kurt doesn't like big things like these, so he and I will probably just stay in the back majority of the time. 

We rush out of the bedroom and I slip some sandals on. 

"Come on, let's go," Shelli mocks Krist. 

We rush out to the car and drive to the club. 

"Have you had a good day so far?" I ask Krist, wanting to make sure that today is as good as it can get for him. 

"Yeah, it's been really good, thank you," He flashes me a smile. 

When we arrive at the club, I get nervous. More nervous than I was before. 

I suddenly wish that Kurt was right next to me, holding my hand, telling me that everything was going to be okay. 

Krist must sense that I'm nervous because he wraps an arm around my shoulders as we walk inside. It's very loud and noisy, people conversing everywhere. There's a very strong stench, but I can't quite pinpoint what that smell is. 

We sit down at a table and I take a deep breath in, then out. I slowly tapped my fingers against my bare leg, reminding myself that I am alright. 

"Hey, is this too much for you?" Krist asks me.