Chapter 82

"Well, how has everything been?" My mom asks after entering the apartment. Her eyes land on the boxes laid out in the middle of the floor in the living room. Her eyebrows furrow together. "What's with all the boxes?"

"They're for--"

"KAITLYN, I NEED YOU!" Kurt calls from the bathroom. 

I give my mom a quick look. "Okay, I'll be right back and explain the boxes. But, they're because we're moving. Just one second."

She scoffs as I run to the bathroom and see Kurt struggling to keep Frances down as he tries to put a diaper on her. 

"She's fucking wet and she won't fucking sit still," He says, obviously stressed out by the fact that she's rolling back and forth. 

I sigh and get down on my knees, then hold her hands down, spread across the floor. She begins to scream as Kurt grabs her legs with one hand and puts the diaper underneath her. 

He puts it on, then quickly puts her pants on as I put her shirt on. Frances stands up and starts walking away, then Kurt and I stare at each other and sigh. 

"I thought it was supposed to be terrible two's," He says, grabbing her towel and putting it back on the rack. 

I gather her other clothes, then set them down in the dirty laundry bin we have for her. "It was a bad day; you'll survive."

"Well if it isn't the little baby of the family!" I hear my mom exclaim from the living room. 

Kurt gives me a look. "Who's here?"

"My mom," I say. "She's just coming over for about an hour or so. She misses me."

He nods and then we meet her in the living room to find her on her knees and admiring Frances. 

Everyone admires Frances. They all love her dearly. She's just the perfect baby...for the most part. 

Today was not one of those days. 

"Oh, of course she's good for you," Kurt comments, watching Frances smile at my mom and play with her hair. 

My mom looks up at us. "What do you mean?"

"She was a monster today," He says. "Screaming whenever we wanted her to do something."

"She also came back from Courtney today, so maybe that had something to do with it," I suggest. Recently whenever Courtney drops off Frances, she comes back cranky and not behaving very well. 

Her mom is a very chaotic person, so that might have something to do with it. 

"Well, she's being perfect for me and that's all that matters," My mom picks Frances up and holds her, then she stands up herself. "Does she ever see her grandparents?"

"Not really," Kurt replies. That's all he's going to say about it. He doesn't like to talk about it. 

My mom gets the hint and looks back at Frances. "Is it time for you to go to bed soon?"

"NO!" Frances shrieks.

My mom's eyes widen as she looks at us and Kurt nods. "Yes, that's exactly what we're talking about. She's been acting like that."

"It's been a long day," I add. 

"It is time to put her to sleep, though," Kurt quietly says so that Frances doesn't hear otherwise she'll have a conniption. 

Kurt reaches forward and grabs Frances, then takes her to her bedroom. I didn't dare say goodnight to her out of fear that she'd be harder to put down.