Chapter 83

Banging on the door, I jump and take a deep breath. "Jesus Christ, tell them not to do that."

"It's your fucking brother that's doing it," Kurt walks over to the front door and opens it. There, standing in the doorway, is Krist and Shelli. 

They walk inside and right as Kurt's shutting the door, someone begins to yell, "No! Don't shut it yet!"

Just then, the door swings open and there stands Liza with her boyfriend Remmy. 

Liza and I have been hanging out more often. One day while I was at her apartment, I asked if she would be able to help with Kurt and I moving into our new house and she also mentioned that she had a new boyfriend--Remmy--who would be able to help, too. 

She was hesitant at first to helping me because she wasn't fond of the idea. She doesn't want me to move. She feels bad because now she finally made a friend here and now I'm leaving. 

Yet, despite all that, she still showed up and decided to help me. She even wore her athletic clothes and tied her hair back to show some spirit. 

She approaches me. "Well, this is Remmy. Remmy, this is my favorite person Kaitlyn." She then grows worried and looks at him. "Besides you of course." Then she looks back at me and winks. 

Liza never fails to keep me entertained. I absolutely love her. 

Krist clears his throat. "Kaitlyn, you're awful at introducing people."

Rolling my eyes, it's then that I notice Remmy is staring at Kurt as if he's seen Jesus himself. "Krist and Shelli, this is Liza, my neighbor, and her boyfriend Remmy."

"Nice to meet you," Liza shakes their hands, but Remmy just stays still, staring at Kurt. 

Kurt isn't even aware that Remmy is staring at him. Kurt is just making faces back and forth at Krist. 

They never fail to act like kids. 

Liza shoves Remmy gently. "Remmy!"

He snaps out of his trance of staring at Kurt, then awkwardly smiles. He takes a step towards me and shakes my hand. "Nice to meet you. I'm Remmy."

"Kaitlyn," I say, then step back and gesture towards Kurt. "I'm sure you know who he is already, but this is Kurt."

Kurt looks up at Remmy. "Hi."

"Nice to meet you," Remmy somehow manages to say, obviously still starstruck by the fact that he's in the same room as Kurt Cobain. 

"Okay, let's get a move-on!" I shout, attempting to get everyone's attention. "We need to start moving boxes into the U-haul."

"What should we start with?" Krist asks. 

I genuinely have no idea on what we should do. I've never moved before. I don't know the process that you're supposed to do things in. 

I don't know if you're supposed to work on one room first then go to others, or if you get out the big furniture first. 

I look over at Kurt to see if he has any clue as to what we're supposed to do, but he's just findling around with his fingers and staring down at the ground. 

He never takes leadership in things. He waits for others to take leadership, then he follows along.

Liza's the first to speak up. "I think that we should start with heavier stuff and load that up, then put the fragile stuff on top so that it'll have a lesser chance of breaking. Then, we load the couch and everything else that's furniture into cars or something. We might have to make two trips, but that's alright. How far is the house?"