"This is stupid" Rory said as she paced around the room. By that point it was 11pm and they'd been at the hospital for 6 hours.

"It's not stupid" Logan said.

"We don't know what's going on. We just have to wait here until someone brings us a baby" Rory said. "It's ridiculous"

Logan put his hands on Rory's shoulders. "Take a breath. "It could take a while, you know that. We're here now so that we can hold our baby as soon as she's born"

"I know" Rory sighed. "I know"

"Good"

It was just after 1am that the door opened and a nurse walked in with a tiny baby, wrapped in a blanket.

"Oh, my god" Rory gasped softly. The nurse handed her the baby and she was so focused on the tiny little girl in her arms that she didn't even notice the nurse leave the room.

Rory and Logan spent the next several hours in the hospital with their baby. They signed a lot of paperwork, they fed her a couple times, but mostly they just held her. It was at 3pm that they were given the go ahead to take her home.

"Is your mom still there or did she go to work?" Logan asked as he drove. Rory had opted to sit in the backseat with the baby.

"I think she left already.

Nicky was sitting at the kitchen table and Grace was standing behind him, braiding his hair. She was trying to learn how to French braid and he brother made an excellent practice doll. Sammy was sitting across from Nicky.

"I like babies" Sammy said and signed. Grace didn't have her processors on. "They're cute"

Grace nodded. 

Nicky's phone lit up with a text from Allie. He smiled.

"You totally have a crush on her" Grace said. Usually she'd sign but her hands were busy with Nicky's hair.

"I do not" Nicky said. Grace tapped his ear to remind him that she wasn't wearing hers. She wasn't a hundred percent sure that he'd said anything, but she'd learned to tell when someone spoke. She observed people's body language, and could usually know if someone was talking even if she couldn't see their mouth. "I don't have a crush on Allie" Nicky signed.

All of a sudden, Sammy jumped up and ran out of the kitchen. Grace shot Nicky a confused look. "Car in the driveway" he signed. Grace dropped his hair and he pulled in into a bun as they followed Sammy to the window by the front door and a minute later Rory and Logan walked into the house, Logan was holding the car seat that held a sleeping newborn.

"She so cute" Grace signed.

"She's tiny" Sammy said.

"Come into the living room" Logan said.

"I wanna hold her" Grace signed.

"You will" Rory signed. 

Logan put the car seat on the coffee table and took the baby out, and passed her to Nicky who seemed to be the most excited about the baby.

"What's her name?" Grace signed. 

"Katelyn Emily Huntzberger" Logan said and signed.

"She's so cute" Nicky said. 

Once they got settled, Logan left to go get a few of the necessities that they didn't have (diapers, formula, etc...). The hospital had given them some, but they'd need more. Rory was standing in the kitchen, getting a bottle ready for Katelyn and watching the kids who were in the living room with the baby. She knew that they'd been excited about the baby, but she was a little surprised at how none of them seemed to want to leave her side.