20 weeks

The gang were all over at Rory and Logan's apartment, with all the kids. Logan and Rory had turned one of the bedrooms into a playroom for Nicky and that's where all the kids were, while the adults were in the living room.

"Here Ace" Logan said as he walked back into the room and handed Rory a cup of tea

"Coffee is probably the one thing I've really missed during this whole process" Rory said

"Not alcohol?" Finn asked

"Or sex?" Steph added

"I never really drank much anyway, and who said I couldn't have sex?"

Steph just shrugged

"Hey, is Ellie gonna be the flower girl at your wedding?" Rory asked

"She is!" Steph said, excitedly "and she's so excited, it's so cute"

Just then Nicky walked into the room. "Mama"

"Yes, my love"

"I'm thirsty"

"What do you want?" Rory asked

"Juice please"

Rory started to get up but Logan put his hand on her leg

"I got it" Logan got up and he and Nicky went into the kitchen

"They're so cute!" Juliet said "do you guys remember what Logan was like in college? How did that guy turn into this?"

"Rory" Rosemary, Stephanie, Finn, and Colin said at the same time

"I'm obsessed with the way he speaks" Stephanie said "Ellie doesn't do that and Liam didn't either"

"What do you mean?" Rory asked

"The way he can't make all the sounds yet, so he says 'firsty' instead of thirsty and "pwease' instead of please" Steph said

"And 'Fank you'" Rosemary added "also why is your kid so polite?"

"No idea, but it's weird, right?"

——

A few days later Logan stayed late at work to finish something so Rory took Nicky home and got him ready for bed.

"What's that?" Nicky asked Rory, who was holding a glass of water and her prenatal vitamin

"A vitamin" Rory said

"Can I try?"

"You have your vitamins" Rory said. Every night before we goes to bed, Rory and Logan give Nicky a gummy multivitamin "they're shaped like little animals"

"Oh"

Rory took her pill and then gave Nicky a bath and brushed his teeth. When Logan got home Rory was sitting on the couch and Nicky was playing on the rug.

As soon as Nicky heard the elevator open he ran to Logan.

"Daddy!"

"Hey buddy!" Logan picked Nicky up and kissed his cheek before into the living room. He put Nicky down in the couch and leaned down to kiss Rory.

"Hi"

"Hey"

"How's frosty doing?" Logan asked and put his hands on Rory's belly

"She has a name, Logan"

"You don't like frosty?"

"I like Grace...or Gracie"

"If it really bothers you, I'll stop calling her frosty"

"Just stop when she's born, ok?"

"Deal" Logan said and kissed her again

——

That weekend Lorelai came over. She stepped off the elevator and walked into the kitchen, where Logan was sitting with Nicky.

"Hi grandma" Nicky said, without looking up

"Hi lorelai" Logan chuckled

"What's he doing?" Lorelai asked. She had never seen Nicky so focused on anything.

"He's counting cheerios" Logan told her "I asked him how high he could count and he told me he didn't know, so we're testing him"

"Ok...where's Rory?"

"Nursery"

Lorelai walked up the stairs and into what was gonna be the baby's room.

"Hey there, pregnant lady"

"Hi mom" Rory chuckled. Rory was sitting on the rug, holding baby clothes.

"Your husband is counting cheerios with Nicky"

"I know. He's really into counting lately and we're kinda running out of things for him to count"

"That's newborn size?" Lorelai asked in disbelief "I don't remember Nicky ever being that small"

"It's smaller" Rory chuckled "apparently baby girl is in the first percentile for size, so we needed smaller clothes"

"Is that ok?"

"Doctor said it's normal for IVF babies to be a little smaller"

"The room looks cute"

"Thanks" Rory smiled

"Can I suggest that you add one thing?"

"Sure"

Lorelai reached into her bag and pulled out a baby blanket that she made. It matched the one that she made for Nicky but it had pink elephants instead of grey giraffes.

"Aww, they'll be blanket twins" Rory smiled "thank you!"

——

Rory and Logan were laying in bed, Logan's arm around Rory, her head on his shoulder and her arm around his chest. Rory kept inching closer to Logan.

"Ace, I hate to break it to you but you can't possibly get any closer"

"I'm annoying you"

"I didn't say that, you're just as close as you can get"

"I'm sorry" Rory started crying and went to move away from Logan, but he held her tight and pulled her back

"You're not annoying me, I just said that it wasn't possible for you to get closer"

"I don't know why I'm crying" Rory sniffled

"Because your 20 weeks pregnant"

"Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful but hormones suck"

"I know" Logan said and kissed the top of Rory's head

——

The next day Rory and Logan were in the baby's room, organizing baby stuff when Nicky walked in.

"What are you doing?" Nicky asked

"Putting away all of baby sister's stuff" Logan said

"Can I help?"

"Sure buddy"

Nicky sat down next to where Rory was folding blankets on the rug.

"What's that?"

"Baby blankets" Rory said

"Why?"

"Just like you have your blankets, baby has her blankets"

"When is baby getting here?"

"Not for a few more months"

"Why?"

Rory chuckled softly "you're very curious today"

"Why?"

Rory and Logan just looked at each other and smiled. Rory pulled Nicky into her lap and kissed his cheek.

"Ace, can you pass me that?" Logan asked and gestured to the blanket that Lorelai made.

"Here"