August

One day in august, Logan decided to take Nicky to the office with him so Rory took Grace and Sammy to Stars Hollow.

Rory was sitting with Lane in her house. Grace was at the table, coloring a picture while Rory and Lane were on the couch, Rory was holding Sammy.

"So Logan and Nicky are having a father/son day?" Lane asked

"Yeah, Logan and I were working at home the other day and Nicky came into the office and started asking questions about what we do and why we work at home sometime, but other times we go somewhere else to work, so Logan offered to show him what we do" Rory said

"Grace!" Steve shouted, startling Rory and Lane "Grace Huntzberger! Hello! Are you in there?!"

"Steve, cut it out" Lane said

"I'm trying to see if she really can't hear me" Steve said

"11 year old boys, ladies and gentlemen" Lane said quietly

"She can't. Not unless she's wearing the cochlear implants" Rory told him "I promise"

——

"Alright, come on" Logan said as he took Nicky's hand and they walked out of the elevator

"There's a lot of people" Nicky said

"I know, that's why I'm holding your hand"

"Well, who is this distinguished businessman?" Beth asked when Logan got to the part of the building where his office was

"This is my son Nicky" Logan said

"I don't think you needed to tell me that he's your son" Beth said "It's like someone copy/pasted a mini you and gave him blue eyes"

Logan laughed "I get that a lot"

"I'm sure"

"So we have to get everyone together for the online paper today, we need to figure out what we're gonna do about that. And then our social media manager in this office?"

"Jamie, do you want me to tell him that you need to see him?"

"No, I'll find him later, thanks"

A little while later Logan walked into a meeting with the managers of all the online papers. Nicky was sitting at the table, playing a game on Logan's phone.

"What about the Stamford paper?" Logan asked

"We're not fully set up online yet"

"When can you be?" Logan asked

"Hopefully within a week"

"Ok, I want you guys online by next Friday"

Just then Logan phone rang. Logan didn't answer his cell phone at work unless it was Rory so he had a different ringtone for her.

"It's mommy" Nicky said and Grace Logan the phone

"I apologize, I don't usually answer my phone at work, but it could be about my kids" Logan said "Nicky, I'll be right back" he stepped out of the room and answered the phone "what's going on Ace?"

"Am I interrupting something?" Rory asked

"No" Logan said. He didn't like to lie to Rory but he didn't want her to feel bad about calling him.

"Ok, um...Grace was running around and she tripped and hit her head on the coffee table so we're in the emergency room, probably getting stitches"

"Is she ok?"

"She's totally fine, she's talking to the nurse and giggling and happy"

"Ok, do you want me to come there?"

"No, it's fine. Finish working. We'll see you at home"

"Ok bye"

"Bye" Rory said and hung up "sorry about that, I just wanted to let my husband know what happened"

"No worries" the nurse said "she definitely needs some stitches. It's probably be about 6 stitches, just above her eyebrow, but there shouldn't be a scar once it heals"

"Ok"

——

Logan and Nicky got home only about 10 minutes after Rory, Grace, and Sammy. When they walked into the house everyone was in the kitchen, having ice cream.

"Are you having an ice cream party without us?" Logan asked. He put Nicky on a stool at the island and got him some ice cream.

"She's got 8 stitches in her face, I felt bad" Rory said

"Are you ok?" Logan signed

Grace nodded

"Good" he kissed the top of her head

"These kids are like medical dominos" Rory said

"Kids get hurt, it happens"

"I know" Rory sighed "Nicky, how was work with daddy?"

"Work is big" Nicky said

"Tell mommy what you ate today" Logan said

Nicky giggled

"Did you try something new?" Rory asked. Nicky was very picky and didn't usually try new foods.

"I ate chicken" Nicky said. This surprised Rory because Nicky wouldn't even eat chicken nuggets.

Rory looked at Logan who nodded and then back at Nicky. "You ate chicken?"

"I peeled it like string cheese" Nicky giggled

"So if we make you chicken you'll eat it?"

Nicky nodded

"Ok then"

——

Rory and Logan were laying in bed, watching a movie. Logan's arm was around Rory and her head was on his shoulder.

"Can you explain to me again why we're watching a Christmas movie in august?" Logan asked

"Because Christmas movies are great"

"But it's not Christmas"

"Who said you can only watch Christmas movies on Christmas?" Rory asked "Christmas is magical and should be experiences all year round"

"You're a little weird, you know that?"

"Yup, and that's why you love me"

"Yes it is"