Back to Work

After a spending Christmas just the two of them and Nicky, it's was January and Rory and Logan were finally going back to work.

They dropped Nicky off at the nursery that was in the building before heading upstairs.

"Welcome back" Joanna said when Rory passed her desk on her way to her office "how are you? How's the baby?"

"I'm good. The baby's good. Thanks"

"Good"

A little later Rory, Logan, Sheila, Steven, and Peter were in a conference room working on a project. After checking to see how Steven was doing with what he was working on, Logan walked over to Rory, who was standing at a smaller table.

"Go pump" Logan said quietly, so that only Rory could hear him

"I'm fine, we're busy"

"You're uncomfortable, I can tell. Nobody's gonna die if you spend 20 minutes taking care of yourself"

Rory sighed "I'll be back, soon"

Half an hour later Rory came back to see everyone still working, but Logan had Nicky in a baby carrier on his chest.

"Logan, why are you wearing the baby?" Rory asked

"He wouldn't stop crying. Daycare called to ask how we calm him down. I went down there to try and help, bad idea. It was easier to bring him up here, than to waste time trying to calm down a baby that wasn't gonna calm down unless I was holding him"

"You can't work all day, holding him like that, it's gonna kill your back. Not to mention that it's unprofessional"

"We all do it, all the time" Sheila said "half of everyone who works on this floor has a kid downstairs, and there's always a kid sitting at a desk somewhere"

"Yeah" Peter agreed "I think my daughter spends more time up here than she does in the daycare. You guys let us bring our kids up here, why not bring your own?"

"Plus he's really cute" Sheila added

A little while later Nicky started crying and reaching for Rory.

"Come here, baby" Rory said as she took Nicky from Logan. Once Nicky calmed down, she turned her attention back to Steven and Sheila "do we have the reports from November?"

"Uh..." Steven looked around "not in here. Sarah has them"

"Alright, I'm gonna go get it" Rory said and left the room

"What's with the baby?" Joanna asked, when Rory passed her desk

"My husband decided that happy baby in the office was better than screaming baby in daycare" Rory said

"Isn't it?"

"Probably"

——

A few days later the gang was over at Rory and Logan's apartment, with all the babies.

"Can we just acknowledge that there are 4 babies in this apartment right now, and they're all sleeping?" Steph said. Somehow all of the babies were asleep, upstairs.

"I actually don't think Nicky's ever napped for this long" Logan said

"I don't like taking naps" Liam said

"But I bet your mum and dad like when you do" Finn said, under his breath

"What?"

"Nothing" Rory said "what do you think of your new baby sister?"

"Ellie's loud" Liam said

"Yeah, babies can be loud sometimes" Juliet said

One of the babies started crying.

"Speaking of which..." Rosemary said

"Is that one of ours?" Ethan asked

"No, it's ours" Logan said and headed upstairs to get Nicky

"So, what's it like having twins?" Stephanie asked

"Exhausting" Ethan said

"We get Ava to sleep and then by the time we get Jenny to sleep, Ava's awake" Rosemary said

"Do you ever just each take one and that's your baby for the day?" Finn asked

"Yeah, but it doesn't work as well as you'd think"

Logan walked into the room with Nicky "Ace"

Rory turned around to look at Logan

"He's hungry, and I can't fix that"

Stephanie chuckled "I'm so glad we're going formula this time"

"I hate you" Rory glared at Stephanie for a second before taking Nicky upstairs to feed him

——

That weekend Logan was in the shower and Rory was in the living room with Nicky when the intercom buzzed. A minute later Lorelai stepped on the elevator

"You don't ask who it is? What if I was an axe murderer?"

"There's a camera now, so we can see who's buzzing" Rory told her

"Ooh fancy" Lorelai said "where's Logan?"

"Logan got peed on about 5 minutes ago, so he's in the shower"

Lorelai chuckled "I'm so glad I had a girl"

"At least it wasn't on me this time" Rory said "It's usually on me. And it's not even like I change more diapers than Logan. If anything he changes more, but somehow I'm the one who always gets peed on"

"Mmm mmm" Nicky babbled

"Mama!" Rory said, in a high pitched voice "say mama"

"You sound crazy" Lorelai said

"Maybe, but he's so close to saying it, and if he says dada first I'm gonna be pissed"

"Why?"

"Because I'm the one the puked 3 times a day for 6 weeks, got huge, gave birth, and I'm the one who feeds him" Rory said "The least he could do is say mama"

"Ok...anyway, what are you doing tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow's Sunday?"

Lorelai nodded

"We have Nicky's 6 month checkup in the morning, which I'm dreading because he's getting shots. But after that nothing, why?"

"You, me, Sookie, wedding and bridesmaid dress shopping. What do you think?"

"Tomorrow afternoon?"

"Yup"

"I love it"