Getting Ready

A couple of weeks later Julie and Emma were over at Rory and Logan's apartment. Nicky and Emma were upstairs, Grace was napping, Rory and Julie were in the living room, and Logan was sorting through baby stuff.

"I'm so not ready for him to be in kindergarten" Rory said "I'm definitely gonna cry when I drop him off. Maybe I'll make Logan do it"

"That's what I'm doing" Julie laughed "I don't go near drop off on the first day, I'd cry and upset Emma"

"I cry so much when I'm pregnant" Rory said "it's really annoying"

"I never really cried, but I hated Mark for like 3 months straight towards the end of my pregnancy, and he couldn't say anything because it was his fault"

"We did IVF, so I can't really blame Logan"

"I didn't know that" Julie said

"Yeah" Rory nodded

"IVF is expensive. You did it with all of them?" Julie asked

"Not with Nicky" Rory said "but Grace and baby boy are both IVF babies"

"Ace" Logan walked into the living room "where do you want me to put this?" Logan asked and held up a baby blanket. Just like she'd made for Nicky and Grace, Lorelai made Samuel a baby blanket, this time with little yellow ducks on it.

"I think in our room" Rory said "in the bassinet"

"Ok" Logan said and left the room

"It's so sweet that he's doing that" Julie said

"Yeah, but he doesn't let me help. He's just like 'tell me what you want to do and I'll do it'." And

Just then Nicky and Emma ran past them and into the kitchen.

"Nicky?" Rory called out. Both kids walked back into the living room "what are you doing?" Rory asked and signed

"We need water for the paint" Nicky said and signed

"I'll help you"

——

A few days later Rory and Logan were sitting up in bed. Logan had his hand on Rory's belly and Rory's hand was over his.

"Ace, I don't feel it"

"Hold on" Rory said and moved Logan's hand a little

"You're only 20 weeks, it might be too early for me to feel it"

"Just wait"

They waited a moment

"There!" Rory said "did you feel it?"

"Ok, that one I felt" Logan smiled

"I knew it!"

Logan laughed "do you know that I love you?"

"I actually didn't" Rory joked "it's not like you tell me 20 million times a day or anything like that"

"Come here" Logan put his hand on the side of Rory's face and kissed her, leaving his forehead pressed against hers "you're nuts, do you know that?"

"I know" Rory smiled "but you love me anyway"

"Yes I do"

——

Later that week Rory insisted on going shopping with Rory.

"I still don't understand why you wanted to come" Rory said

"I like shopping" Lorelai shrugged

"We're in a baby store" Rory said

"Did you wanna go alone?"