Life

The gang (minus Rory and Logan) were sitting in Stephanie and Colin's apartment. Steph and Colin had been watching Nicky for the past couple of days, while Rory and Logan were in the hospital, since Liam and Nicky went to the same school, and Grace was in Stars Hollow with Lorelai and Luke.

"I wanna do something for them" Stephanie said

"What?" Rosemary asked

"I don't know" Stephanie signed "what do you do for your friends who are about to have their baby at 24 weeks?"

"Is that really something that can happen?" Isabella asked "a baby can just be born that early?"

"Not really" Stephanie said "they've known for a few weeks that something's wrong"

"How do you know that?" Colin asked

"Rory told me"

"I just feel bad" Juliet said "especially given their history and everything they went through to get him. Not to mention that if they lose him it'll be the second one this year"

"What does that mean?" Isabella asked

"Rory had a miscarriage, earlier this year. That was the second one. Before they had Grace, Rory had a miscarriage and then they were told that they couldn't get pregnant" Stephanie explained "they did IVF"

"We need to do something for them"

——

Rory had been in the hospital, on bed rest for 3 days.

"I don't wanna do this anymore" Rory said

"I know" Logan rubbed her shoulder

"I wanna be home, snuggling my babies. And I wanna be pregnant for 16 more weeks"

Just as Logan was about to say something, his phone rang.

"Answer it" Rory said

"It's not important right now"

"Logan, it's work, it is important, nothing's happening here anyway"

Logan answered the phone

"I thought I made myself clear" Logan said into the phone "nobody is to call us until further notice" ..... "Carly has access, she can do it" ... "bye"

A nurse came in just as Logan was hanging up.

"How are you feeling?" The nurse asked

"The same" Rory said "maybe in a little less pain"

"Good. So I'm just gonna check on the baby and be out of your hair"

A few days later.

"Alright" Dr. Williams said as she did Rory's ultrasound "24 weeks and 2 days...let's see if baby's grown"

"What if he hasn't?" Logan asked

"Then he gets 3 more days. If he doesn't grow by then he has to come out"

A few moments went by

"Ok, Rory, I'm sorry but he's gonna have to come out now"

"No" Rory shook her head "you said that every day matters. You said not until at least 25 weeks"

"Rory, listen to me, your baby is in distress. Keeping him in there is no longer safe for him or for you. There are a few other things we could try, but please believe me when I tell you that right now the best option for you and your baby is to let me prep you for an emergency C-section"

The next couple of hours were a blur of doctors, nurses, and specialists.

Samuel Elias Huntzberger was born at 2:57pm on September 17th.