A New Year

A week after new years, Rory went back to the hospital to get the stitches taken out of her hand.

"You look nervous" the nurse said as she was getting ready to inject a local anesthetic into Rory's hand

"I am" Rory chuckled nervously "I'm not a fan of needles"

"I can do it without the anesthetic, but you'll feel it"

"How much would it hurt?"

"Because of where the cut is, you'll probably feel a good amount of pressure but it shouldn't hurt"

"So just do it" Rory said "I've had 3 kids, it can't be worse"

"It definitely won't be worse than childbirth" the nurse chuckled

——

Lorelai was sitting with Rory in her apartment, holding Sammy.

"Did he get bigger?" Lorelai asked "I feel like he got bigger"

"He's a little over 3 pounds now" Rory said

"That's good"

"Yeah, so...I have to tell you something"

"Are you pregnant?" Lorelai joked

"That's not even funny"

"I thought it was" Lorelai shrugged "what's going on? Am I gonna hate whatever you're about to say?"

"I actually think you'll be really excited, which is why I'm gonna take that baby before I tell you"

"Ooh, intrigue"

"Come here love bug" Rory said as she took Sammy from Lorelai

"Do you ever call your kids by their names?"

"Not usually" Rory chuckled

"Ok, I have to know what's going on. Spill"

"We're not doing it yet because we don't want to switch the kids' schools in the middle of the year, but we're moving to Hartford"

"Are you serious?!" Lorelai gasped "you mean I won't have to drive 2 hours to see you anymore?"

"The house is 25 minutes away from Stars Hollow"

"You bought a house already?"

"A couple of months ago" Rory said "we've been thinking about it for a really long time, and we finally decided to do it"

"What made you decide to do it?"

"I think we just realized that we don't want our kids growing up in the city. We want them to be able to go outside and play, and breathe fresh air, and they can't really do that here. We have an office in Hartford and we can drive to the city when we need to. Nicky will go to Chilton's elementary school, they have a preschool program too, so Grace will be there, and we'll be closer to family which is great"

just then Logan got home. He walked into the living room and kissed Rory quickly, before sitting down.

"Do you know how much I love you?" Lorelai asked

"What?" Logan looked at Rory

"I told her that we're moving" Rory said

"I see"

——

"Sleep well baby" Rory signed and then kissed Grace's forehead "I'll see you in the morning"

Rory turned off the light and left the room. She walked into the living room where Logan was and sat next to him.