29

Logan walked out of his office "everybody listen up!" He said, with his voice raised, getting everyone's attention "we have very strict rules about the computerized files that are on the server, and we have them for a reason. I wanna know who broke those rules"

Nobody said anything. The entire floor was silent.

"Somebody speak up!"

Bradley stood up "I think uh...I think I might not have logged off before I left last night"

Logan took a deep breath

"Do you know what you caused?" Logan asked

Bradly shook his head

"Come with me" Logan said

A few hours later, around the time that Logan and Rory usually go home, Rory got Nicky from daycare and went back upstairs to see if Logan was ready to leave. Logan's office door was open so Rory knocked of the door frame.

"You ready?" Rory asked

Logan walked over to Rory "this still isn't fixed"

"Really?!" Rory asked in disbelief

"Yeah" Logan sighed "one of us has to stay and fix it, before it becomes a bigger problem than it anyway is"

"Dada" Nicky cried and reached for Logan. Logan took Nicky from Rory

"Do you wanna take him home and I'll hopefully be home in a couple of hours?" Logan asked

"Ok" Rory said

"Alright..." Logan brushed his hand down her arm "I love you, and I'll see you later"

"Love you too" Rory said

Logan kissed Nicky's cheek and Rory's lips before they left. He walked back into his office where Bradley was sitting in front of a computer.

"Let's hurry up and fix this, because I just sent my wife and baby home, without me, and I really don't like doing that" Logan said

"Once again, sir, I'm really really sorry" Bradley said

"What's done is done" Logan said "let's just fix it and then not do it again"

By the time Logan got home that night, Rory had fallen asleep on the couch. Logan crouched in front of her and brushed a hair out of her face.

"Ace" He whispered

"Mmm?"

"Come on, let's go to bed"

——

On the morning of Rory's birthday, Logan got up early and got out of bed, being careful not to wake Rory. He went to check on Nicky to find that he was awake, so he got him out of his crib, changed him, and brought him downstairs.

Logan put Nicky in his high chair so that he could make breakfast.

"Dada! Dada! Dada!" Nicky squeaked

"Shh" Logan shushed him "here" he put a sippy  cup on Nicky's tray

Half an hour later Logan walked into his and Rory's room holding Nicky in one arm and in the other he had a tray with waffles, eggs, coffee, and orange juice. He set the tray down on the dresser, before putting Nicky down at the foot of the bed.

"Go get mommy" Logan whispered

Nicky crawled up to Rory's head, and hugged her.

"Hey!" Rory smiled "how'd you get in here?"

"Happy birthday, Ace" Logan leaned down and kissed her

"Thank you"

"I made breakfast" Logan grabbed the tray from the dresser and sat down in bed next to Rory and Nicky

"I told you not to do anything!"

"And I ignored you"

Rory just smiled and shook her head.

"So, what do you wanna do today?" Logan asked as they ate breakfast

"Nothing" Rory said

"What do you mean, nothing?"

"I wanna stay home, in our pajamas, all day" Rory said "I wanna take advantage of the day off and spend time with my husband and my baby"

"If that's what you want, then that's what we'll do" Logan kissed her

Rory handed Nicky a small piece of waffle

"You know he's gonna make a mess in our bed, right?" Rory asked

"Messes can be cleaned" 

——

That afternoon Nicky was napping, so Rory and Logan took advantage of the time to themselves.
Rory laid in bed, with Logan's arms wrapped around her, as he traced circled on her back, with his finger.

"You're making me feel ask tingly" Rory said

"You want me to stop?"

"No. I like it"

"Well in that case..." Logan very softly ran his fingers up her leg "I have other ways of making you feel tingly"

"Oh, believe me, I know" Rory chuckled

"Alright..." Logan kissed Rory's shoulder "what has been your favorite part about the last year?"

"Nicky" Rory said with no hesitation "watching him grow, watching him learn. He went from this tiny little baby who couldn't even hold his own head up to this amazing toddler who can walk, and laugh, and play"

Logan smiled "you are such an amazing mom"

"I hope so"

"I know so" Logan said "you can tell just by the way you talk about Nicky, how amazing of a mother you are"

"Well, you're not a terrible father, either" Rory said

"I love you, Ace" Logan said and kissed her

"Love you too"

"Happy birthday"