Apartments

About a week later Rory and Logan planned to leave work and go straight to see an apartment in the upper East side of Manhattan.

Rory was finishing up her work for the day when her phone chirped

L- almost ready?

R- I'll be done in 2 minutes. Meet in the lobby?

L- 👍🏻

Rory finished her work and headed downstairs

"Hey Michael" Rory greeted the receptionist "can you please see that Denise gets this?" She handed him a file

"Of course" Michael said

"Thanks"

"Hey" Logan said when he stepped off the elevator "you ready?"

"Yeah"

They got in the car and headed to the apartment.
The realtor, Lilith, showed them around the apartment and after seeing the whole place they were standing in the kitchen.

"You don't like it" Logan said

"I like it" Rory said

"But...?"

"It doesn't seem very kid friendly"

"You have kids?" Lilith asked

"No" Logan said "but we will in august"

"Oh, that's great! Congratulations!"

"Thank you" Rory smiled

"If you guys have time now, I have another apartment I can show you. Might be a little better for you guys"

They followed Lilith to another apartment, a few blocks away.

"So, you'll have both keys for the elevator, you'll need it to get to the right floor. The elevator opens right into the apartment. You have 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. The kitchen has an island with a space to put stools so you can sit there. The floors are hardwood, so they're easy to clean. And there's a room that you can use as an office if you like." Lilith said "I'll let you look around for a little, and I'm here if you have questions"

Logan and Rory looked around the whole apartment before finding Lilith in the kitchen

"What did you think?" Lilith asked

"We really love it" Rory said

"Good" Lilith smiled

"I mean this is probably the 10th place we've looked at, and the first one we like" Logan said

"It can be pretty hard to find a good apartment in the city" Lilith said "there are a few people who've already put it offers on this apartment, so if you want to I'd do it now. Do you want to?"

Rory and Logan exchanged a look

"Yes" Logan said "but, I don't wanna be in a bidding war. We'll pay the asking price"

"Perfect, I'll fill out the paperwork and let you know"

——

3 weeks later all the paperwork was finished. The apartment was theirs. They had put their current apartment up for sale.

On Saturday morning Rory had a doctors appointment. After being sighed and getting blood drawn by a nurse Rory and Logan were waiting for the doctor.

"Hi Rory" Dr Williams said when she walked into the exam room "how are you feeling?"

"Good" Rory said "still pretty nauseous, though"

"Vomiting?"

"Once or twice a day. Maybe 3 times"