3 weeks

Logan was holding Nicky and making coffee for him and Rory when the intercom buzzed.

He walked over and pressed the button so he could talk to whoever was downstairs "who is it?"

"Grandma"

"Come on up, Lorelai"

A minute later Lorelai stepped off the elevator

"I'll take that" Lorelai took Nicky from Logan "where's Rory?"

"In the shower" Logan said "you want coffee?"

"Is that a serious question?"

Logan chuckled "just so you know, he's already spit up 3 times today, and I can't promise that he won't puke on you"

"I don't care"

"Your call"

A few minutes later Rory came downstairs

"When did you get here?" Rory asked

"About 10 minutes ago" Logan told her

"I have to tell you something" Lorelai said

"What?" Rory asked. She recognized her mother's tone and the look on her face. She knew she wasn't gonna like whatever Lorelai had to say

"I got a call yesterday...from Shira Huntzberger"

Rory and Lorelai both looked at Logan

"She wanted to know if I was planning on being there when the baby was born. She said if I was gonna be there that it was only fair that she get to be there"

Rory gave Logan a questioning look

"I told you, I haven't spoken to them" Logan said "although I'm surprised they didn't hear it somewhere else"

"Can I ask what happened there?" Lorelai asked "I mean I know they never really approved, but have they really not accepted it by now?"

"When we told them that I was pregnant, they accused me of having an affair and asked if I was sure that the baby is Logan's"

"That's crazy"

"Yeah" Logan exhaled "I told them that if they couldn't respect Rory, they couldn't meet our son, and I meant it"

They sat there for a moment, nobody really knowing what to say next. Nicky broke the silence by crying.

"I'll take him" Rory said

"Is he hungry?" Lorelai asked

"He shouldn't be"

"Then I've got him. I'm sure you've been up half the night. Sit, drink your coffee, I've got him"

"You know what? I'm not gonna argue with that"

——

Later that day Rory was sitting on the couch, feeding Nick, and Logan was upstairs, folding laundry.

"Logan?" Rory called out

"Yeah?"

"I know your upstairs but I can't get up"

"What do you need?"

"I left my water bottle in the nursery"

"I'm coming"

Just then the intercom buzzed. Logan got downstairs and gave Rory her water before seeing who was downstairs.

"Who is it?"

"Mommy and Nathan!" Nathan said, through the intercom

"Hold on" Logan walked to the entrance of the living room "you ok with them coming up?"

Rory nodded

"Are you sure? I can tell them to wait a few minutes"

"It's fine. Just bring me the cover thing"

Logan pressed the button, allowing Honor and Nathan to get to their floor and then brought Rory the cover.

Honor and Nathan stepped off the elevator and Nathan immediately started climbing on Logan.

"Do the monster thing! Do the monster thing! Do the monster thing!"

"Calm down" Honor said

Logan picked Nathan up and put him on his shoulders

"Hi Honor" Logan chuckled

"Hi"

"Rory's in the living room if you wanna say hi, and I think that Nathan and I are gonna go find some ice cream" Logan said and gently squeezed Nathan's leg "what do you think?"

"Yeah!" Nathan cheered

Logan took Nathan into the kitchen and Honor went to find Rory

"Hey there" Honor said

"Hey"

"Your husband is getting my kid all hopped up on sugar"

"I think that's his job as the uncle" Rory chuckled

"So, how are you?"

"Amazed at how such a tiny human can produce so much laundry"

"That's part of the mystery" Honor joked "that, and how it seems like more comes out of them, than goes in"

"It's actually crazy" Rory chuckled "alright...if you would just take him for a minute" Rory handed Nicky to Honor and fixed her shirt "I've had to pee for the last 20 minutes"

A moment later Rory was in the bathroom and Honor was sitting on the couch, holding Nicky.

"Baby!" Nathan shouted when he and Logan walked into the living room. Logan had Nathan sitting on his shoulder

"Rory?" Logan asked

"Bathroom"

Nathan tapped Logan's head "I wanna see the baby" he whispered

"Alright, come here" Logan put Nathan on the couch and took Nicky from Honor. Logan held Nicky low enough so that Nathan could see him

"You have to be really gentle" Honor said

"Why is he so little?" Nathan asked

"Because he's only 3 weeks old" Honor said "and if he was big, like you, he would be too big to fit in aunt Rory's tummy"

"How did he get in aunt Rory's tummy?"

"You walked yourself right into that one" Rory chuckled as she walked into the room, having heard the last few sentences.

Nathan was still looking at Honor, expecting an answer.

"Um..." Honor squeaked "you know what? That's a really good question for daddy to answer"

"Ok" Nathan shrugged

——

The next night, Rory walked into the kitchen to see Logan holding Nicky face down, along his arm. Logan knew it was a weird way to hold him but Nicky had been crying all day and finally stopped when Logan put him like that.

"Why are you holding him like that?"

"I don't know, but he's quiet, and he seems happy"

"You ever think about how weird he is?"

"Just like his mom" Logan said and kissed Rory

"No, but I'm serious" Rory said "I don't know if it's him or if it's newborns in general, but he's really weird"

"How can he be weird? He's 3 weeks old"

"I don't know. He just is"

"I think you're the weird one, Ace" Logan chuckled and kissed her forehead