Chilton

"You guys have to hurry up and get ready so we can go meet your teachers" Logan signed

Rory and Logan were splitting up for Nicky and Grace's teacher meetings. Lorelai was watching Sammy so that Logan could take Grace and Rory could take Nicky to meet their teachers.

When they got to Chilton, Logan took Grace to the preschool building and Rory took Nicky to the main office. Chilton had gotten significantly bigger over the years and it now had preschool all the way through high school on the same campus. There was a preschool building, and elementary school building, a middle school, and a high school. The main office for elementary, middle, and high school was the same and all 3 had the same headmaster.

"What are we waiting for?" Nicky asked as he sat with Rory, outside the headmaster's office

"Were waiting for our turn to go inside" Rory said

"Nicholas Huntzberger?" The receptionist called out

"That's us" Rory said

"The headmaster will see you now"

"Come on bubba" Rory reached out her hand for Nicky and they walked into the headmaster's office.

"Well, if it isn't a former Chilton valedictorian" headmaster Charleston said

"Headmaster Charleston!" Rory said, surprised to see him "I don't know you still worked here"

"They're going to have to drag me out of here in a body bag" Charleston joked "alright, so I have a Nicholas Huntzberger. Is that correct?"

"Yes, but it's Nicky" Rory said "I'm not sure if he'd answer to Nicholas"

"I'll make a note" Charleston said "he's already registered so you can go right to his classroom. he's in class 1A, it's in the elementary school building. There are maps in the front if you need"

"Thank you"

"It's nice to see you Rory" he said as Rory and Nicky were about to leave the office

"Nice to see you too" Rory smiled

A little while later Rory and Nicky found the classroom.

"Alright, bubba, this is it" Rory said "it's your classroom"

"Let's go in" Nicky said

"We have to wait for the people in there to come out first" Rory said

A few minutes later a man left the room with his son and Rory and Nicky went in.

Rory couldn't help but laugh to herself when she saw who the teacher was.

"Of all the former students..." Max Medina said

"Mr Medina" Rory smiled

"Hi Rory" Max said "this is Nicholas, right?"

"Yeah, but he won't answer to that. It's Nicky"

"Alright, Nicky, do you know all your letters?"

Nicky nodded

"And what about reading? Can you read?"

Nicky nodded again

"Do you know how to talk?" Max joked

Nicky nodded

"You know, I don't believe you" Max said

Nicky looked at Rory

"You better say something or your teacher's gonna think you can't talk" Rory said 

Nicky didn't say anything

"He's shy" Rory said

"That's alright, I can do the talking. Nicky do you know that you look like your mom?"