Marriage?

Several months passed and it was now January 2009. Rory and Logan were now both living in what was previously Rory's apartment. Hugo Grey's online magazine eventually went out of business and Rory was now working at HPG with Logan.

Rory woke up to the feeling of Logan's breath on her bare back. She turned to look at him and found that he was still asleep so she gently pressed her lips against his and pulled away when she felt him kiss her back

"You know, I think that might be my favorite way to be woken up" Logan said and kissed Rory

They got out of bed and got ready. They were sitting at the kitchen table, drinking coffee when Logan said something that caught Rory off guard.

"I can't do this anymore" Logan announced and stood up

"What?" Rory asked. She was a little worried that he was about to break up with her but instead, without saying a word, he walked into their bedroom. He came out a few moments and put a small box on the table, in front of Rory. "Logan, what the hell is that?"

"I can't wait anymore. I've been walking around with that in my pocket for 2 months" Logan said "I wanted to do it at Christmas but I chickened out. Then I chickened out again at new years. I kept wanting it to be perfect, but last night, I was thinking about it and I decided that it's never gonna be perfect. And at the end of the day it doesn't matter how I ask as long as you say yes this time"

"Are you-?"

"I think we should get married" Logan blurted out "I know that you weren't ready before. And we don't have to if you're still not ready, but I just want you to know that I am. So whenever you decide that you're ready, if you ever decide that you're ready, that's there" He pointed to the box "and until then, I'm not going anywhere"

"Let's do it" Rory said

Logan was taken aback. He had obviously hoped that she'd say yes, but he definitely hadn't expected her to answer as quickly as she did.

Seeing the surprise on Logan's face Rory stood up and walked over to Logan "let's get married"

Logan put one arm around Rory's waist, pulling her body flush against his, and the other hand on the back of her head, and kissed her deeply "you're really saying yes?"

"I'm really saying yes"

——

A week later Rory and Logan were driving to a diner at the Gilmore house, that was too celebrate their engagement. Rory was nervous, considering who was going to be there. Both of her parents, Luke, Logan's parents, Honor and Josh, Nathan, and Rory's grandparents.

"How much is this dinner gonna suck?" Rory said as she and Logan sat in the car, in the driveway

Logan put his hand on Rory's leg and looked at her "probably a lot"

Someone tapped on Rory's window, causing both Rory and Logan to jump. Rory rolled down the window.

"What the hell?"

"Hi" Lorelai smiled

"You scared the crap out of me" Rory said

"Are you guys coming in?" Lorelai asked "we're here to celebrate you, after all"

"Who's in there?" Rory asked

"Just me and Luke for now"

Half an hour later everyone had arrived except for Honor and Josh. Emily and Shira had been talking about wedding plans the entire time they were sitting there

"What about flowers?" Emily asked

"It has to be roses" Shira said

"Or lilies" Emily said