Party

Rory was and Logan were at Stephanie and Colin's apartment, with the kids. Logan and Colin were in the kitchen and Rory and Stephanie were in the living room, Sammy was sitting on Rory's lap. Nicky, Grace, Liam, and Ellie were all in the other room, watching a movie.

"Remember when I told you that we were putting Liam in soccer?" Stephanie asked

"Yes. But please don't let Logan hear you say that" Rory said

"What? Why?"

"Because he's been dying to put the kids in sports and I've been avoiding it for as long as possible because it scares me"

"What does he wanna put them in?" Stephanie asked

"He thinks we should sign Grace up for gymnastics, and he wants to put Nicky in football off all things"

"And you don't want to?"

"I don't know" Rory sighed "I worry about them getting hurt. And I worry about Grace in gymnastics with her implants. She would either not be able to hear the coach, or we risk the processors getting ruined or lost"

"How do you keep them from getting lost now?"

"We have these little tether things that clip onto her shirt collar" Rory told her "but we only use them when she goes to school, and that wouldn't really work for gymnastics"

——

A couple of weeks later, Emily asked Rory and Logan to attend an event that Richards's company was having. Lorelai and Luke would be there so for the first time ever, Rory and Logan needed to find a babysitter. They got the number for a babysitter from one of Nicky's friends parents.

The evening of the event rolled around and Rory and Logan were in their room getting ready. Logan walked into the bathroom where Rory was finishing her makeup and held up 2 ties "which one?"

"The blue one" Rory said "what time is it?"

"5:12"

"Babysitter should be here soon and then we have to leave"

"Hey" Logan moved behind Rory and wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder "you look beautiful" He kissed her cheek

"Thank you" Rory smiled

A couple of minutes later they were ready, Logan went downstairs and Rory went into the playroom where Nicky and Grace were.

"Hey" Rory said to get Nicky's attention and flickered the lights to get Grace's attention since she wasn't wearing her processors "The babysitter will be here soon, ok?"

Nicky nodded

"Why are you leaving?" Grace signed

"We have to go somewhere with grandma and grandpa but we'll be home soon" Rory signed "charlotte doesn't sign, can I put your ears on so you can hear her?"

"I wanna do it myself"

"Ok, so go put them on"

Grace got up and went downstairs to get her processors.

"What about you, bub?" Rory asked "are you ok?"

"When are you coming home?" Nicky asked

"Late. You'll be asleep already" Rory told him "but we'll be here when you wake up in the morning"

Just then the doorbell rang.

Logan got up and answered the door "hi, it's Charlotte, right?"

"Yes" Charlotte nodded