December

Rory was sitting on the couch, with Nicky asleep on her chest, when Logan, Christopher, and Gigi walked in.

"Hey" Rory whispered "what are you doing here?"

"I haven't seen my favorite little family in a while, and we were in the city, so I thought we'd come say hi" Christopher said

"I'd hug you but if I wake him, he'll start screaming"

"I'll come to you then" Chris chuckled and bent down to hug Rory "how is my favorite grandson doing?"

"He has decided that unless he's being held, he's gonna scream" Rory said "and also that baths are the worst thing ever"

"And how are you doing?"

"You know what, I'm not even gonna complain about having to hold him all the time, because we go back to work in 3 weeks, and I know that I'll miss him"

"He's so cute" Gigi said "can I hold him when he wakes up?"

"Sure"

A little while later Nicky woke up and Gigi got a chance to hold him.

"Ok, sit back" Christopher said

"It really important that you hold his head, ok?" Rory said, right before she handed Nicky to Gigi

"I know" Gigi said

"Alright..." Rory said and gave Nicky to Gigi "let me know if you want me to take him"

Gigi held Nicky for a minute, until he started crying.

"Help" Gigi said, with panic on her face

"I got him" Logan chuckled. He took Nicky,and gently rocked him.

"Did I make him cry?" Gig asked

"Probably not" Rory said

"Babies cry" Christopher said "it's how they communicate. Sometimes it's for no reason, but it could mean that they're tired, or uncomfortable, or hungry"

"Oh" Rory said, realizing that Nicky might be hungry "what time is it?"

Christopher checked his watch "3:30"

"Never mind, then"

A little while later, Nicky was asleep, and everyone else was sitting at the kitchen island drinking coffee, or in Gigi's case hot chocolate.

"Ok..." Logan said "coffee" he put a mug in front of Christopher "hot cocoa" He put a mug in front of Gigi "and decaf" he put a mug in front of Rory before sitting down next to her with his own coffee.

"You wanna know the worst part about having a baby?" Rory said "this"

"You do love coffee" Christopher chuckled

"I went from someone who drank 3 cups of coffee a day to someone who can't drink more than one"

"I think I'd be more bummed about the no alcohol" Christopher joked

"That too" Rory chuckled

"Has it really been almost a year since you've had coffee the way you like it, or alcohol?" Chris asked "I don't know why, but that feels like a really long time"

"It's actually been over 2 years" Rory said "you're not supposed to have caffeine or alcohol when you're trying to get pregnant either"

"Why not?" Gigi asked

"Because it can hurt the baby" Logan said

"I know, but that's when your actually pregnant" Gigi said "why does it matter if you have it before?"

"It can affect hormones, which could make it harder to get pregnant" Rory explained

"Oh"

——

That weekend Rory and Logan took Nicky to Stars Hollow.

Logan was sitting at the counter in Luke's diner, talking to Luke. Rory had taken Nicky upstairs to feed him.

Lorelai knocked on the door to the office, upstairs "you decent?"

"Not really" Rory said "if it's just you, you can come in"

Lorelai walked through the door "what if it was me and Logan?" Lorelai asked, knowing the answer

"I think you know that Logan can come in"

"What about Luke?"

"Luke doesn't want to hear about breastfeeding, let alone walk into a room where I'm doing it"

"What about-"

"What's the point of this?" Rory interrupted Lorelai

Lorelai shrugged. Rory's phone chimed. She picked it up to look at it and got really excited, but kept her reaction as small as possible so she didn't bother Nicky.

"What just happened?" Lorelai asked

"Rosemary had her babies!" Rory said, excitedly

"Aww, do you have an picture?"

"Yeah" Rory turned her phone around to show Lorelai the picture that Ethan had sent of the identical, twin baby girls

"Ace!" Logan called out as he walked up the stairs "you see this?" He showed Rory his phone that had a picture of Rosemary's babies on it

"Yeah"

"Hey, when's Steph due, again?" Logan asked

"First week of January"

——

Logan brought Nicky into the kitchen, where Rory was making dinner, after giving him a bath.

"Hi baby!" Rory smiled and took Nicky from Logan, holding him close to her, and he snuggled into her chest "you're so snuggly" she kissed his cheek

"He's drooling all over your shoulder" Logan told her

"It's ok" Rory said and kissed the top of Nicky's head "you see my necklace?" Rory asked when Nicky grabbed her necklace "that's your name"

A couple of hours later Rory and Logan were cuddled up on the couch, watching a movie. Logan was leaning against the armrest with his arm around Rory who was leaning into him. Rory sat up and paused the movie, causing Logan to sit up and look at her.

"I wanna talk to you about something" Rory said,

"You're not pregnant, are you?" Logan joked

Rory chuckled slightly "no" she said firmly "about daycare"

"What about it?"

"I don't want him to be in there all day, every day, right at the beginning, so when we go back I'm only gonna work half days for a little"

"You wanna switch off?" Logan offered

"What do you mean?"

"Let's say Monday you work a half day and I work all day, and then on Tuesday I work a half day and you work all day" Logan explained "that way you're not doing all the work with him"

"I love you, you know that?"

"Does that mean you like the idea?"

"Yes"

"Good" Logan chuckled and kissed her "and I love you too"