Chapter 48 - Epilogue

Serena Platt

Serena found herself imprisoned in her former bedroom.

Well, of course, she can easily escape with either her strength and speed. The door is simple wood, and the wall could easily be broken down. Although, it will be more effort. No, it is not the room that kept her imprisoned. It was the watchful eye of Alice that seems to blur all around her doing a thousand things at once. Even Serena did not know what most of it was. So, she kept sitting in front of the mirror, waiting for when she is allowed to go.

She may be kept here as a prisoner, but she is a happy prisoner. Alice was blurring all around the room to get everything she needed. Makeup, the dress, and any little thing Serena wouldn't even have thought about. She would be surprised if Alice did have everything planned out to the detail. To make sure everything goes smoothly.

Rosalie and Leah are probably better off. Esme wouldn't be overly pushing for things. The woman is too nice for it. Besides, Rosalie knows just as much about making someone look hot as Alice. Serena would say the woman is beautiful even if she would wear a garbage bag. Rosalie would make it look like the hottest garbage bag in the world.

She doesn't know how Leah's mother would prepare Leah. But Sue is certainly busy, as she could hear the heartbeat walking into Leah's room. It is not every day you give away your daughter. Let alone to two women. Serena really hopes she can withstand the blood of Sue as the kind woman will wait near the altar with Leah. She hates that her mouth is already watering. But part of her can't wait to smell it.

"Serena," Alice chirps, floating over the ground to her. "Stand up, please. Time for the dress!"

"How am I so powerless in my own wedding?"

"Just leave it to me!" Alice said, helping with the dress. Her smile was sugary sweet. It is a devil at times yet now she couldn't even be angry with her. Alice will have made this day a day to remember. Even if she is withholding something from her.

"You didn't answer me..."

"Hush, you!" Alice giggled, putting both arms forcefully up to adorn several small jewels on the dress. The white silk slowly transformed from something simple to something with beauty. Each piece so carefully placed it made her shine like an otherworldly being. Or more than she already is. Serena kept silent at that, rolling her eyes.

"Rosalie will be beautiful," Alice said, lowering herself to finish the lower parts. "And Leah... Well, I am sure she will be too."

"Not certain this time, eh?" Serena teased with a grin. It is always a pleasure to know she can't see herself or Leah with her gift. The scoff made her even more pleased with herself. Alice didn't give her the satisfaction by giving an answer.

"Alice, thank you."

Alice looked up, a soft smile on her lips. She gave a nod that really gave it all away. Bicker as sister and loyal as a sister. While they may fight or plague each other to the end of the world, they are family. Even now, as her new name will be given. She is glad it is Alice who dressed her. And more than once, she is grateful for Esme who will give her away.

It is fitting that Esme is the one to do it. Years ago, it was Esme that brought her to her new life. The place where she began to grow out of her fear. Where she fell head over heels for a woman. It was the first time in her life where she felt safe and loved. Forever and always will Esme be in her heart for she gave it all to her.

"You're ready," Alice said. "Esme will come to get you."

"Thank you, Alice. Will you do one more thing for me?"