Chapter 33

Rosalie Hale

It was an easy day for them. Leah helped the two with throwing away the pile of debris. There wasn't much else they did. They lounged in the bedroom, spoke about their lives, watched movies, or read some books— a time when they could slow down, talk, and get to know each other. In the afternoon the trio sat in the kitchen with Rosalie cooking and Leah and Serena sitting around the cooking island.

Rosalie's mind was clearer, for the first time she felt she could truly think about her own past. The times in which she lived. How much her dreams were coming and going, from illusions to reality. It again came to her. The dream she held ever since she was human and dreamed about the future. The thought made her eyes get pricked by venomous tears.

"This is... odd," Rosalie said while flipping some of the burgers in the pan.

At the request of Leah, they would eat burgers. Not that she cares, it all would taste like nothing to her. This situation is odd to her. It felt like how her life would be once she married Royce. To have her love come home and greet her as she was cooking dinner. To have children running around the house while playing with her significant other. It felt like her dream was coming true. Rosalie just realized as she stood there, watching the sizzling meat with teary eyes

"You mean cooking for us?" Leah asked, her gaze on Rosalie while hugging the purring Serena.

"Yeah, it's odd as I imagined my life to be like this during the time I was still human. Cooking for my husband when he came home, taking care of the children, you know, the typical housewife. Despite the reforms coming from the government about women's rights and freedoms, I didn't mind. I'd love to cook for those I love, to see them happy when they come home, to take care of the children. It was a picture I dreamed of when I was younger."

"Seems your dream has come true," Serena said, her face bright and happy to see Rose so free. Not a tone of her anger and resentment was even present. For once Rosalie could feel truly happy with her life. Something Serena had to hammer into her brain over the months.

"Yes, I am so happy because of you. I- I can't thank you enough..." Rosalie's voice trailed away as she silently stood there, emotions thought lost to her suddenly swimming through her mind and body. It made her cry at how far she came; from anger to happiness.

Two pairs of arms wound quickly around her waist from behind, two pairs of lips that placed warmth and a pleasant kiss on each cheek. Rosalie couldn't help but smile as she stroked both women on the cheek with her cold fingers.

"We will always come home for you, Rose," Serena said with a giggle, "I will make you happy and watch you cook if that's what you want."

"You know, Rosalie, I understand," Leah said, making Rosalie turn to look at her, "I was happy as well. I dated someone I cared about. Had friends and family I loved. It was when the people in the tribe started shifting that I turned bitter and angry. It was all turning to shit for me. You saved me from staying in my own dark cloud."

"Leah..."

"You made me happy, Rosalie. I will do anything to make sure you are happy. You want to cook for me? I will wait with anticipation for the meal. Want to greet me when I come home? I will come running home. Just... don't forget, Rose. We love you."

Rosalie smiled from ear to ear, turning off the stove. "I know, Leah. I know. Why do you think I am crying?"

"I don't know... I didn't see any tears, I thought you were unhappy..."

"I can't shed tears anymore, silly," Rose chuckled, turning around to bring both into her cold embrace yet warm for them. "I am crying because I am finally truly happy."