Chapter 10

Serena Platt

It was almost time. They would start at Fork high school the very next day. After a long period, they would go and start school. Serena was utterly excited about it. Her life felt like it was perfect. Has been welcomed and joined a wonderful family with the Cullens. Found some peace with her past despite her fear of men. And most importantly, she found a wonderful girlfriend in Rosalie. Serena felt on top of the world.

"Are you excited for school?" Serena asked, lounging in the living room. She sat with Rosalie in the corner of the sofa in their usual position. Rosalie against the sofa with Serena tucked in the blond's embrace.

Emmet who was playing on his console against Jasper snored a little. "I bet she is because of you."

"Don't make me crush your console, Emmet."

"Rose, be nice," Serena scolded yet it held no bite as she chuckled. The blond just rolls her eyes letting her head rest on the human girl's shoulder.

"Well, a bit I suppose. I won't enjoy the many suitors or hormonal-driven teenagers drooling to have a chance at being with me. That I can do without."

"They'll be disappointed when they discover you have me," Serena smiled, snuggling a bit into Rosalie who began to purr in return.

"I do. We'll make them jealous, babe."

"If they do try, I'll swat them away with my stick!" Serena giggled as she feels the purring starting again. It always felt like a small victory when Rosalie smiles and purrs because of her.

"I can teach you some moves," Jasper suggested with a grin, "The Confederate army taught me plenty of techniques to defeat my enemy."

"No one is teaching anyone violence," Esme's voice cuts in as she walked toward the human with lunch. The usual and favorite lunch in Serena's mind, was grilled cheese sandwiches with ham.

"Serena, I made you lunch. Let me know if you want more. Are you sure this is enough? It looks so little and you're growing after all..." Esme asked as she looks at only two sandwiches.

"This is plenty Esme, thanks," Serena reassured the matriarch who sighed but accepted it. The human started her meal while enjoying being cuddled by Rosalie. "Want to have a bite, Rose?"

Esme chuckled as she left the room. The other two near the sofa look amused at the offer. It also was funny to see Rosalie scrunch her nose when the sandwich was held up for her to take a bite from. As if to entice Rosalie, she wiggled it a bit to little effect.

"No, it stinks."

"Hmm, why does it stink?" Serena asks as she lowers it while taking a bite. "Sure you won't get any nutrition from it, but I don't understand why it tastes like dirt and smells bad."

"It's uncomfortable for us to eat human food. We can still eat it, but the motion of chewing is uncomfortable, and throwing up the food is rather disgusting to do. And the smell and taste are not very nice for us compared to most things," Jasper explain while he claimed victory in his game against Emmet. It made the large child groan while deflating in defeat.

"Hmm, Rosalie?"

"Yes?"

The sandwich rose again in the air making Rosalie crunch her nose in disgust once again. The two other vampires were holding in their laughs, especially considering Rosalie was glaring daggers at them.

"I dare you to take a bite."

Serena wanted to see whether it was true. It may be cruel and unfair to sate her curiosity. But it's hard to understand if she was honest. How could anyone pass up a grilled cheese sandwich?

My Light In The Darkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें