Chapter 30

Serena Platt

They were collecting every piece of debris, broken furniture, and more to clean the ground floor. At least one part of the rooms could be found on the floor like the destroyed furniture, walls with holes, and general items strewn across the floor. The only untouched room was the kitchen.

The cleaning was not a talkative process. Serena was humming a tune as she cleaned while Rosalie was visibly slower in all her movements. It is like she didn't have the brain capacity to focus on the task. Rosalie's mind was in a daze as she moved around, thinking deeply while being in some kind of state of confusion.

Serena didn't know what to do to help regarding her state of mind. Reminding her of the fact it was destined didn't do much. Reasoning with her helped a bit more as Rosalie did agree that Leah was a good-looking woman.

The copper skin which Rosalie described as flawless as Serena's and the pixie haircut looked cute on Leah. Although, while Rosalie admitted Leah was beautiful in an exotic way, it brought another wave of confusion and shock over Rosalie. So, Serena left Rosalie to her thinking and internal debating.

Serena picked up the broken table which was smashed like a sandwich. Easily and without strain, everything was thrown on the large pile of wood, metal, and glass among many other things. Esme would probably shed a tear if she could. At least for a moment as she would probably have fixed it within a week.

Once inside again, she saw Rosalie sitting in the kitchen, her gaze settling on the forest outside. The beautiful blond was still like a statue similar to The Thinker she saw in Paris. It was ever since Leah admitted that she imprinted on them and subsequent willingness to love her. It brought Rosalie to new heights of internal thinking.

Serena didn't care honestly about the imprint. While she finds it strange to enter a three-way relationship with two women, she couldn't deny it felt somehow special. It felt good, almost as if she felt the imprint on some level. Which made her more than willing to give Leah the chance. Rosalie on the other hand looks to be having a more difficult time in that regard.

"You okay, Rose?" Serena asked as she slipped into a barstool next to her.

"I asked for love for so many years," Rose began, her distant gaze directed at the horizon, "The moment I found you, I thought I finally found my peaceful happy ending. One person to make me happy. Yet now..."

"There are two."

"Yeah... I don't know what to do, love," Rosalie said, arms reaching for Serena as her head tucked into the chest, "Tell me, Serena... Please, tell me what I should do."

Serena held her close in a comforting warmth. Letting the blond tighten her hold as if she would become lost when she let go. In comforting patterns, Serena stroked the back of Rosalie in the hope of calming and easing her mind.

"Felt it wrong what she did to you?"

"No..."

"Did you believe she was lying to you?"

Rosalie sighed, shaking her head. "Not anymore. Not after how the happiness spread across her face when she kissed me... I believe her."

"Is it the idea of polyamory that makes you uncomfortable? That you think you would lose my attention?"

Rosalie tightened her hold, Serena feeling the blond nod against her. "Mine...?"

"Yes, I am yours. This is not where we part, my dear wife. We're not separating, okay? I believe we will be happier. Is that not worth pursuing?"

"Yes..." Rose said her voice pleading as it trembled at the thoughts that must be swimming through her mind, "Promise to keep loving me, Serena. Never leave me..."