Chapter 28

Leah Clearwater

What is wrong with me?

The question Leah had in her mind. For some reason, Serena made her want to come here. It's not like she must but she wants to visit a good trusted friend. Before she knew what or how she was calling her after seeing her cousin with her ex. Even in her anger she remembers the odd blind girl. An imperfect Snow White.

Now, she invited her without much thinking to her own house. She didn't understand. It's not like she was her imprint, she would have felt the shift. But she can't deny the girl had a certain effect. Sam didn't know what it was yet allowed her to do with the strange events as she liked. A first which was very appreciated.

Now, after hearing the warning of a vampire crossing into their land, she finds herself protecting the blind girl. Well, a woman as she looks close to nineteen years old. A beautiful woman with flowy caramel hair, kind brown eyes, and skin so fair, Leah thinks she is Snow White.

"Leah?"

"Yes, Serena?"

"What exactly is the current danger? I know I said wolves, but they don't really hurt humans. Is something roaming this woods?"

Leah hates this. Lying to such a kind person. But she can't disobey the alpha. His order was clear. No outsider may know about them. With a frustrated breath leaving her, she turns the wheel to turn the car left and drives up a small hill.

"Many things, Serena. I hope you trust me enough to tell you when it's safe again."

"Sure, thanks. I suppose you're not allowed to say anything about it."

Leah frowned once again at the weird word choice. It's like Snow White knew about her, about the pack. "Yeah... Shouldn't you call Rosalie?" Leah asked as she continued to drive.

"Right," Serena takes her phone out and without looking starts to put in the number. It is amazing to see how she managed to operate such a machine. Without looking, seeing, or even checking, she was calling Rosalie.

"Serena? Done so soon?"

"Hey, love, Leah is driving me to her house right now. She said something roamed the woods at the moment. I'll be home a bit later, I think."

"What is roaming the woods?" Rosalie asked, her voice inching closer to a tight protective voice.

Leah glanced at Serena who looked calm itself and unbothered by the possessive voice. It's almost like a mother bear protecting her young. She couldn't help but add it to an increasingly long list of strange things.

"I don't know, but apparently very dangerous and lethal for me. It probably won't take long until I am allowed to go again. Don't worry, we'll still have that dinner," Serena assured with a warm and loving voice. It makes Leah sad as she has heard it from Sam as well. During that time he cared and set her aside within the second he saw her cousin.

"I see what you mean. Try and be careful. I- Laurent, what-!?" Rosalie's voice cut off as the line went dead. Something apparently happened with a certain Laurent Leah knew nothing about. It causes an immediate shift within Serena.

Leah looked with concern as she watched Serena's face morph. It turned dark and angry like the kind Snow White was possessed by unbridled fury. Her concern turned to shock when Serena unhinged the car door with strength she had only seen in her pack. Without effort, she began to run at speeds she wouldn't expect from a blind person.

"Holy fuck..." Leah muttered as she was too shocked to think about what to do. With disbelief she watched, Serena blur through the trees toward Forks as if possessed by the devil. The car stopped a moment later as Leah cursed to herself, stepping outside while preparing to follow...