Chapter 29

Leah Clearwater

It was strange to what she thought to be a normal person whip out some superhuman abilities. While Serena certainly was fast, maybe even rivalling some pack members, Leah had no problem keeping up after she undressed to protect her clothing. There was no desire to destroy her favourite clothes.

Serena ran like the wind through the forest in a clear direction. One Leah was told to avoid by Sam, forbidden even. It was an order given through his Alpha voice yet in this case it clashed with his previous one. Protect Serena while they chase off some red-headed vampire leaving her to decide on what to do.

Without asking through the mental link, she chased after Serena, curious to see why she went to the Cullen's house. If she and her fiancée had been living there ever since the Cullens left, she would laugh. Her paws were floating over the ground, barely anything able to stop her or obstruct her.

Throughout the run, she was convinced Serena didn't even see her. Almost as if she was not even registering her surroundings while focusing on getting to Rosalie. It makes her wonder what they are. Vampires are not warm, let alone have a beating heart.

It would go against all the legends and tales of the tribe. Even sees those same traits in the very few vampires she has seen herself. Well, few was actually one. Which was given the title red-headed bitch by Leah. It was a suitable name as it was an arrogant, irritating woman.

Serena soon pushed through the trees coming to a halt before entering an open grass field with an expensive-looking house nearby. It didn't take a genius to see a fight had taken place within the house. The large hole in the form of a body made that glaringly obvious.

It took mere seconds to be at the edge of the forest to observe the large dust cloud created by some impact. Whatever the impact was, it was loud which made the sensitive ears twitch from discomfort. In a brief moment of patience, she waited to see what took place. A sight that made her world change forever.

The parting of the dust clouds felt like her own dark clouds gave way to rainbows and sunshine. Her eyes observe the most precious beings in her universe. It felt like two bulbs of brilliant coloured lights mesmerised her, warming her entire soul to new heights she wished would never leave. Her mind and soul were drawn to them. She wished to be there, to be held by them.

Her euphoric mind observed the two. Serena despite being angered and furious looked beautiful and warm. Her mind reminds her of how kind and thoughtful the woman is. Like an angel sent to lift the spirit. The other person was like a cold Goddess. Unbelievably beautiful. The golden strands were like liquid gold, a figure anyone would kill for. It wouldn't be strange if people would worship her.

While Leah knew now they were part of the 'cold ones' she didn't care one bit. The only thing that brought deep pain was the cracks and pain that showed on the blond Goddess. Leah howled without thinking, her saddened and pained heart calling on her pack to protect her imprints.

Her call was answered without question, howls coming from the forest behind her. The pack was moving toward her yet she could feel their questions seeping in. Their uncertainty at what they felt coming from her, the mind that didn't show a clear picture of who, only her own biased picture-perfect view of Serena and Rosalie.

"Leah, who is it?" Sam asked as Leah felt him running toward her. It is like she doesn't even care he dumped her. She would have done the same if she had seen Rosalie and Serena.

"Serena and I think the one they call Rosalie," Leah answered, her mind's voice happy yet angry as she started to stalk toward the dark-skinned man.

"You mean one of the bloodsuckers?!" Jared asked, "You got to be kidding me!"