Chapter 42

Serena Platt

It has been decided. Well, the decision has been made by the enemy. In two days, they would come for us. Tomorrow they would hunt to be at full strength with the next day for travel. The army was on the move to kill them, the wolves, and Serena. As the Cullens and Bree would be dying for a second time. Although, Serena wonders whether she is alive or not. Or perhaps in some weird half-alive state. It doesn't matter, really.

Serena stared at her clothing for today. Nothing special, she will admit. Or at least she thinks so. She can't make out the details of what she will be wearing. Her eyes still failed her. It was simple jeans, Converse sneakers along with a plain white T-shirt that would be hidden by Leah's large, baggy sweater. An old one, as it would be much too hot for her now. Literally, as she would be sweating if she wore it.

"Don't kill her. Don't kill her," Serena repeated softly to herself, praying she would be in control this evening. For her, it is a make-or-break moment. If she lost control again and attacked her, she would never be willing to get close to Sue again. Serena went down to the living room when clothed, waiting for Sue to arrive. Like before, Seth came along, mainly to make sure nothing happened.

"You okay?" Leah asked as she watched Serena sitting stiffly on the sofa.

"Yes," she answered stiffly. "I will not give in. Please hold me tightly just in case. Never let go."

While they would have done a sandwich during dinner, as they discussed before, it wasn't very practical. It would be very weird if Serena was held from behind while Serena held the person in front of her. Let alone how weird eating would be. So, Rosalie and Leah played rock, paper, and scissors to see who would cuddle with her. Both wanted to be the one, yet Rosalie lost, much to her displeasure. To make up for it, Leah and Serena promised to have her in the middle when they would sleep.

"Of course, I'd love nothing more than to hold you close."

"I get the feeling you cheated during the game..." Rosalie grumbled from the kitchen.

"How can you cheat at rock, paper, and scissors?" Serena laughed. "You're just a sore loser."

"I'm not... ugh, maybe... just make sure to hold me in bed later..." Rosalie mumbled irritably.

"With pleasure!" Both women answered her.

They could practically hear the grin forming on Rosalie. It was funny that Rosalie of all people was the most willing to be held by the two women. Before Leah came into the picture, it was the other way around. Rosalie held Serena, not the other way around. With some exceptions over the course of their relationship, of course.

Serena then turned her attention to the door. The doorbell rang as newly arrived figures stood at their cabin door. It caused Serena to be nervous, so nervous she was unintentionally moving away from the door.

"I'll get the door," Rosalie said. "Leah, get comfortable with Serena."

Despite being grumpy about not being the one to hold the nervous Serena, she was not angry about it. She will smile just as brightly by just watching them. Serena knew that as she felt the warm and gentle arms of Leah wrap around her waist.

"Sue, welcome!" Rosalie said, her voice cheery and inviting. "Seth is not coming?"

"He had pack duties, unfortunately. There was no time," Sue said. "But I wanted to come. I am not afraid of you. Almost like a haunted house feeling last time, wasn't it?" She chuckled.