Chapter 25

Serena Platt

There was not much to do in Forks. One can fill the days with only so much sexual intercourse until one craves to fill the time with something else. Not to say Serena didn't enjoy it but she liked to do other stuff as well. Rosalie was more than willing to accommodate the shift in attention.

The first thing they did was walk and visit the nature reservations in the surrounding area. Running through the thick forests surrounding Forks, hiking through the hills, or climbing the nearby mountains. Never before did Serena feel as free as now.

While her bad sight still hindered her in many ways, she could now be more independent. The blurry lines serve to bring enough awareness to know where to go, especially with her trusty walking stick.

"You know, I think we should visit the beach," Serena said as she let her fingers glide over the map. One specifically made by Rosalie for her where the text is in braille and the map with some texture.

"Sure, sounds nice. Found a beach to visit?" Rosalie called back as she was working on breakfast for Serena. It was one thing Serena could not do; cooking. She definitely could help, but her help was limited to cutting and stirring mostly. If she did something else, it usually burned turning her food into a disgusting black.

"Uh, well, we could try... ooh, Bella is coming. I can smell her already. Jezus, she truly is like a snack," Serena muttered, her tongue licking her lips as if she could taste the blood through the air.

"Serena," Rosalie said with some worry, blurring into the room, her arms around the shoulders, "I have breakfast ready soon. Don't do anything you will regret."

"I am not that hungry, Rose. Bella is safe from being drained dry. As tempting as her blood is, it will not enter me," Serena assured her, her lips pecking Serena on the cheek and lips.

"Alright, just let me know when the hunger becomes too much. I'll finish breakfast, you greet the human?" Rose suggested. A simple gesture to let her know she trusts her.

Rosalie may be concerned, but she wasn't overly worried as the gentle squeeze and kiss conveyed as much. Serena always knew the blond trusted her more than herself. Rose blurred back to the kitchen as the sizzling of the beacon started. Serena smiled a little as she blurred away herself, calling back to Rosalie.

"Prepare some breakfast for Bella too, dear."

"Ugh, do I need to?"

"Love you too," Serena chuckled, hearing the adding of extra ingredients.

Despite her comment, she prepared it anyway. Rose may still dislike Bella, she is trying to be less hostile. It must be quite the effort which Serena hopefully translates into a grateful feeling in Bella. Serena reached the door within seconds, opening the door to greet Bella.

"Good morning, Bella."

"You're... home?!" Bella asked, her face morphing into surprise, "Sorry, ehm, that sounded bad...Yes, good morning Serena. Had a nice vacation?"

"Rose and I sure did!" Serena said with a gleeful voice. The tone and voice filled with happiness made even Rosalie 'loudly' blow a kiss her way. It only was loud enough for her to hear which she didn't mind. Serena smiled while raising her left hand showing off the simple yet elegant expensive platinum ring.

"We're getting married!"

"My god! I'm so happy for you!" Bella said, giving the excited and happy Serena a warm hug. Serena leaned in, taking a deep, quiet breath. It smelled amazing if you ask her. Sweet fragrances of fruits are mixed together to form an alluring sweetness. Serena never smelled something so amazing. "You deserve it, Serena. More than anyone I know."