Chapter 41

Isabella "Bella" Swan

She never doubted. Or perhaps she was hoping her clumsy charm would work eventually. Bree had opened up, either with a helping hand from Rosalie or some kind of vampiric pull. Bella couldn't tell, but what she could tell is that she truly felt something special with Bree.

It was like a fairy tale. Bella couldn't have imagined walking toward a sunset with a girl, a woman she could see herself falling in love with. There's probably something wrong with her. A yearning to be held and loved. Or perhaps a call to fill her rather dull life. But she didn't care what she felt in the past.

As she ran through the woods with Bree, she felt free like a newborn baby that didn't know better. The laughter of her and Bree making her light as a feather. Vampiric hormones may play a role. Bella didn't care. She felt happy. That's all she cared about as she sat with Bree. The highest peak of Olympic National Park being their own little kingdom.

"Bree," Bella hummed, feeling an arm tighten around her waist in response. "I think I like you."

"You don't say. Your dreamy gaze says enough."

"Heh, yeah, I guess it does," Bella chuckled before it turned into a sigh, looking at Bree who switched her gaze to her. "I know I am pretty weird, but I hope we can stay together. For whatever it's worth, I think we're meant for one another. What they call mates, uhm, would you do me the honor?"

"Blunt... but sure. We can date and see if we will have what Carlisle and Esme have. Or Serena and Rosalie," Bree took an unnecessary breath, gazing out to the clear blue sky, the clouds that they could almost touch. It was ethereal and insane if they thought about it. Bella couldn't even see how it all made sense anymore, but didn't care.

"I... I don't care what proper etiquette is anymore," Bree continued, "I died, rose from the grave, drank blood, was part of an army of dead people, switched to animal blood, fought dead people, and now I am at the top of a mountain with a beautiful woman. I will be your girlfriend, Bella."

"Huh, when you put it like that, we actually sound pretty sane," Bella laughs, snuggling a bit into Bree, "Thanks, Bree. I still think we're meant for one another. It may have barely been a week, but I think we'll be just fine."

Bree didn't respond but tightened her grip around Bella's waist, letting a soft purr leave her. It wasn't hard to be picked up by Bella, who contently let herself be cradled. Perhaps Rosalie was right in a way. She knew what would happen; it happened just as she said. They fell hard and fast.

"I think it's time to go back," Bella said with a purring voice. "We still have an angry redhead to deal with. And... other matters like my father."

"Right," Bree sighed, "No rest for the wicked."

Serena Platt

It was tough training under Jasper. Almost like he became someone else as he shaped this weird army of his into shape. No one seems to complain either. When Bella and Bree took their love somewhere else, the wolves joined them in their training. Hesitant at first, but Leah's example took most worries away.

While Jasper still wasn't relenting on Leah, being hard and demanding to be better, he never did anything to severely harm her. Leah said it reminded her of the many brawls she had with the pack. Serena believes her; wolves can be rather unruly at times. The whole intense training came to an end for the trio when Bree and Bella returned; their presence was required for the wolves to get acquainted with their strength.

It did bring some tension to see Bella as a vampire. This time they truly couldn't be blamed. Victoria was becoming a problem, making intrusions further into Forks resulting in Bella's turn. At the very least, Sam made it more easy to form this alliance.

"Rosy!" Leah came skipping to them the moment she was back. Either the wolves started to ignore it or kept their reservations inside. Probably the latter as Serena could hear someone's teeth grinding against each other. The three settled kept near the door while the rest moved toward an open field further away.

"Wolfy dear," Rosalie greets as a second head joined her on her lap, one hand for each of her ladies. "Had some stubborn wolves to deal with?"

Leah chuckled, facing Serena, and greeted her with a quick kiss on the lips. Even before she could give an answer, Rosalie looked with a raised eyebrow at her, a finger demanding she give her one as well. A demand Leah happily accepted.

"They were not very stubborn this time. It only took longer because we were making sure no stragglers were around," Leah said as she settled back on the thighs again. Serena noticed the cold of Rosalie was being driven out by the sheer heat of both of them. Something Rosalie seemed to enjoy thoroughly as it made her feel human again.

"I see, well, it is good to have you here again," Serena said, lips curling into a smile.

"Mhmm," Rosalie hummed. "How's your mother? Has she said anything about coming to visit again? I would love to have a redo of the dinner."

Serena frowned a bit, trying to sink away into the thighs. The only moment in her life she hated herself was when she attacked Sue. Ever since then, she doesn't trust herself with being alone with her. Not that Sue visited since then.

"Sue would love to," Leah said. "Maybe after the whole vampire-fighting thing though. Seems a bit unsafe to do it now... Or maybe a nice thing before the fight? I don't know. I can ask."

"Maybe it's better if I am not there..." Serena muttered softly. "Don't want to kill her."

"Serena, Sue didn't even mention it when I was home. In fact, she asked whether you were okay," Leah said comfortingly, trying to lift up her spirit. "We'll be careful to avoid any bleeding and... I don't know, maybe just keep close to me. My smell seems to calm you down. Or close to Rose."

"Or in between us like a sandwich," Rose said, smiling at the idea. "Yes, I think I would like that. We will do that. It would be perfect."

"We're trying to help Serena, not your fantasies," Leah chuckled. "But it does sound wonderful..."

"Alright, fine..." Serena sighed yet couldn't help but feel happy and grateful to have these two with her. Ready and willing to do what is needed to help her. Which turns out to be the filling of a Rosalie-Leah sandwich. In all honesty, she would gladly be the filling.

"But one of you has one arm around my waist, and I want one of your sweaters," Serena demanded yet just wanted their clothing. The baggy clothing of Leah was extremely comfortable. Most often there was no fashion sense, but at least she got points for comfiness. And to get clothing from Rosalie is just special. She never gives out her clothing.

"Pick whatever you like," Leah offered easily enough, shrugging casually. A sigh from Rosalie preceded her answer yet Serena felt already touched by it.

"You can borrow something of mine for the day. Just don't get any blood on it," Rosalie said, letting hands bring both of them closer to her. It subsequently brought Leah and Serena closer as well, making them kiss. Neither complained though.

"Ah, the goddess brings lovers together," Rosalie chuckled. "It's nice to be together again. Let's hope it will stay that way."

The others couldn't answer, being forced by Rosalie to keep going. Not that either was complaining about it. Their lips moved as each touched their cheeks. Rose watched her eyes not moving away while admiring both women.

It was calm before the storm.

Love was brewing.

All was well for now.

My Light In The Darkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें