Chapter 44

Serena Platt

It felt a bit weird. Jane's gift was intense. Like a burning sea that was coursing through your veins. It was only briefly as Serena quickly redirected it. The weird thing is that it all felt like it has a bigger impact on her than she first thought. Serena couldn't say it was something bad. She just didn't know what it is.

"Serena!" Leah whined on the bed, hearing a hand tapping the bed. "You promised kisses!"

Serena chuckled as she put the comb down. Her eyes looked into where the mirror is. She wonders what she actually looks like in this moment. After the battle with the newborns, she could feel dirt and other debris in her hair. It is why she was in the bathroom. But now she stood behind the mirror. Her sight only allowing her to see weird shapes. Things she didn't know what they were.

"Serena!"

"Yes, yes, Wolfie, coming," Serena chuckled. Perhaps it didn't matter. I never even seen anything, Serena mused as she blurred into the other room. Her body happily jumped into bed, into the open arms of the wolf.

"The wolf is getting greedy," Rose muttered softly as Serena could feel the arms around Leah. The wolf must be feeling it as she felt warmer. "Isn't satisfied with little old me."

"You don't look old. And certainly have a drive in bed..." Leah countered, sighing contently as she was in a sandwich.

"I am literally five times your age, Wolfie," Rosalie said softly, laughing, kissing her on the neck. "Thank you. My old bones are thanking you."

It always felt nice to see someone relax because of you. Well, feel, someone relax. Serena never has seen it before. She forced the thoughts out of her mind as she didn't want to focus on it. But the last few days, as the marriage approached, she had been brooding over the fact she wouldn't see them in their dresses. To see the happy faces when they say 'I do'.

It felt like she was robbed of something special. She became a vampire through immense pain. Drank blood. Has the need to suck her soon-to-be mother-in-law dry of all blood. But she isn't allowed to see the two persons who she loves? It's cruel in her opinion.

"Hey, Serena, you okay? You're pretty quiet," Leah asked, one hand touching her cheeks as to catch her attention. "You can talk to us, you know. Bonded for life and all that!"

"I know, it's fine. Just thinking is all," Serena said, mustering a smile. One that is as real as any, despite it being a forced smile.

"About what?"

"When I should kiss you to death," Serena said, jumping into the fray to pepper both women with kisses as she hugged both of them. The two giggled as they were being buried in kisses, their bodies pressed together as Serena held them.

"Serena," Rosalie suddenly said in a tone Serena knew only meant; 'listen to me carefully, this is important'. "Talk to us when you're ready, okay?"

"I know... just give me time."

"We have all the time in the world, love," Leah said, pressing one kiss on the forehead. "You know? You can be in the middle tonight. Rose?"

"Do you even need to ask?" Rosalie said with a roll of her eyes. Both of them engulfed Serena from either the left or the right. It is at this moment, tears pricked her eyes. Her lips curling into a smile as Serena drifted into sleep. All the while two women held her with all the love they had in them.

She wasn't entirely sure what she dreamed about. Almost always the dreams disappear the moment you wake up. Your brain not allowing you to remember it for long. Funny, it still holds true when you're a vampire. A minor wish broken for Serena but one she can live with.