Chapter 17

Rosalie Hale

While she didn't care if Serena became friends with Bella, Rosalie does find it frustrating to see her come by. To have her at baseball they would play when thunder rolled over Forks. The things where she felt most herself and relatively happy. But now it felt a bit broken. When things have settled down with Serena, she would like to escape her coven for months to travel the world with Serena.

For now, she was convinced by Serena to pick Bella up. Which probably makes it the most irritating drive she will ever have.

"I don't get why I need to get her," Rosalie said, "It is not a secret; I don't like her."

"Because you love me and I asked you," Serena said with a chuckle, giving the blond a kiss on the cheek as compensation. While it made her feel better, it still felt like an annoying thing to do.

"You have too much power over me," Rosalie mumbled letting the car come to a stop in front of the Swan House. It made the blond sigh for what must be the hundredth time. "Let's get this over with. I just know she will make our lives difficult. Whatever that may mean. I just know it."

"Okay, Alice. Come, let's get Bella."

Rosalie followed Serena by exiting the car. The blind girl uses her walking stick to find a path forward. Despite the situation, she finds herself admiring her every time she does things her way. Perhaps in a way to see people overcoming their problems. Serena led the way to the door without much help, knocking on the door to announce their arrival.

"Charlie is at home," Rosalie said softly to warn the girl.

"Okay," she said, one arm firmly taking the blond's yet not moving away.

Heavy footsteps came toward the door making the arm tighten around the one from Rosalie. In the door frame soon appeared the father of Bella. His looks are typical for an American Rosalie was honest. A scrubby beard, dark brown hair, and relatively well-built. While he looks like a good man without an off-putting appearance, Rosalie could feel the tension rising in Serena.

"Hello, may I help you?"

"W-we're friends of Bella," Serena said with a small stutter, "She's spending a day with us. Eh, y-you know, play baseball and lunch and stuff..."

"Okay... Is Bella playing baseball? I am not sure if that is a smart idea."

"She'll just be watching with Serena. Well, keep her company I suppose."

"Oh, right, I see," Charlie mumbled to himself as he saw the walking stick, "Good. Let me call her. Bella! Your friends are here!" He calls up the stairs. The shuffling of feet and stuff is already being heard by Rosalie. Charlie once again turned to them with an awkward smile.

"So, the Cullen's foster kids right?"

"Daughter actually," Serena corrects. It is not the case obviously. Even so, she could pass as their daughter and she sees them as her parent, so Serena wants to be seen as their biological child. Rosalie finds it very sweet yet a bit sad as it gives way to a tragic past.

"Right, you look just like Mrs. Cullen. Very nice person," he said while nodding along as if it would make things pass quicker. Talk about an awkward person, Rosalie thought.

"Whose at the- Serena! And... Rosalie. Thanks for picking me up."

"Hey, Bella. Ready to watch some balls being hit?" Serena asked with a tiny smile.

One who knows will know why the girl felt so uncomfortable at the moment. Bella gave them a smile. One also meant for Rosalie which certainly raised an eyebrow on the blond. Did she forget she was threatened to be killed? Let alone the obvious mentality of trying to stay away from her and not liking her.