Chapter 32

Serena Platt

The general consensus was clear. All three held elated and happy expressions on their faces. There was no doubt within either one of the three females. They were the most strangely put-together couple. One vampire, a half-human, and a shapeshifter. Bound together by something special that neither three of them even knew existed.

Their return was not a quiet affair. It was far from quiet actually. Serena and Rosalie were true to their word and guided Leah to their room. Gently and warmly, they guided her through the new experience. It was gentle and with care as Serena with Rosalie next to her made the experience as pleasurable as possible. It is how the three ended up in bed, Leah snoring like no tomorrow bundled in sheets with two arms around her waist.

"It feels good, doesn't it, Rose? Somehow, I feel completer."

"I do," Rosalie said, her eyes staring at Leah who was knocked out from the night, "It makes me wonder if my life was always meant to be weird. Suffer, happy, suffer, happy. I feel like I have to suffer once more before I can be happy."

"What?" Serena chuckled with confusion, "That makes no sense."

"Three, it's always three somehow. The proverbs don't exist because it's made up," Rosalie said with a sigh, tucking a few strands behind Leah's ears to have a better view of her face. "You know the sayings; 'good things come in threes.' 'Bad things come in threes.' I have seen the proverbs come true more times than I can count."

"It's superstition, Rose. If you look hard enough you will always see it. Life has its ups and downs because that's life. Besides, I am sure something will happen."

Rosalie's eyes drift away from Leah as they watch Serena. The blind girl didn't look up as she watched the sleeping Leah. Her vision was blurry and unfocused, but her vision was clear enough to know she was beginning to love the wolf. There is an underlying, strong, unnatural pull. One she can feel deep in her heart to be a good thing.

"You do?" Rosalie asked.

"Yes, there's someone aiming to have revenge on us. Laurent said as much. Victoria wants us dead. We have not seen the last of her."

"Right, the red-headed bitch. We will know soon enough. She doesn't seem like the type to wait long to enact her plans."

"I suppose," Serena sighed, "In any case, we'll know soon enough. A situation for later as we have Leah joining us in blissful happiness. So, are you certain about your choice, Rose? We'll do it at your pace."

"What use is it to wait?" Rosalie asked. Her gaze went back to Leah. The woman slept soundly with the occasional snore leaving her. Despite being strong and having a stamina that makes her run for hours, she has no stamina in bed.

"It's not about whether we should wait or not. It's about whether it is the right moment for you."

"I am not that stuck on traditions anymore, Serena. My time was very strict and didn't allow me to deviate from the standard picture of men and women. Women marry without really knowing their partner. Even the roles within the household were predefined and adhered to. The women handle the children and general household while the men earn the money for the family. Perhaps the past should be left in the past. A lesson I learned only after meeting you."

"It does sound, uhm, very differently from what you have now," Serena said, "Perhaps it's for the best then. We'll do it once she wakes up."

"Mhm. She went through quite the roller coaster. I saw it on her face. The poor wolfie. And now she will be set for life."

Serena smiled at the thought of the future. It felt like an unreal thing to imagine. Life is unpredictable yet predictable in a way. There is always a surprise around the bend yet with a predictable end. Or as predictable as possible anyway.