Chapter 34

Rosalie Hale

It cannot be said the gift was not worthy of being a wedding gift.

Esme brought the three females to the house she planned to gift. It was large, well-designed with luxury in mind, and certainly cozy and homey. The exterior was covered with plants, flowers, and trees as if it came straight from a fairy tale. To Rosalie, it could have been just that. The plant life made it obscured yet somehow magical. As if the house was not truly a part of this world but transported from another reality.

The three were left alone to explore the house at their own pace. Esme gave each a warm hug which surprised even Leah at how warm and caring it was. Rosalie knows how it was not obvious Esme was gifted, but such deep affection that touched the hearts of many could not be any less than a gift.

Leah was staring at one of the walls in the living room. It was covered in pictures, some paintings made by Esme and Alice, and some of Rosalie's graduation caps made their way on the walls. But Leah's gaze was mostly on the pictures of Rosalie and Serena. Their first date was prominently shown alongside the first Christmas of Serena. One could just see how happy they were.

"It's strange," Leah said eventually, "Why do I feel more at home amongst vampires than my own? You look so happy in your coven while I was miserable in my pack..."

Serena was first to wrap her arms around the wolf, her chin resting snuggly on her shoulder only to place an affectionate kiss on her cheek.

"Because you found the right coven."

"You certainly were lucky," Rosalie agreed as she explained about their coven to Leah, "It's not common to have such a close and affectionate coven. Some are cold and twisted. They are solely for power and influence over the vampires and the world. Carlisle is different and tried to be as he grew his coven over time. He cares about others and life in general."

Leah let out a breath as her hands stroked the arms that were wound around her waist, lips forming a smile as she let her thumbs stroke her fiancée. The sight didn't bring jealousy to Rosalie for once. In actuality, she could watch it and smile happily without being felt left out. After all, she would often be called to join. Case in point, Leah offered a hand, gesturing toward her to join them, which she happily did.

"I'm glad, you know, not only for having you in my life, but for the feeling of getting a fresh start," Leah said, holding both women in her arms, tightly and warmly as if they would disappear.

"I know," Rosalie said, knowing full well that Serena did the same for her.

"There is one thing we should talk about," Serena said, her voice slightly more serious, "We can't have you choose between your pack and the Cullens. I know you'd leave if we asked, but I can tell they still mean a lot to you. Your brother is in the pack after all."

"Right," Leah sighed as the three moved toward the sofa to settle into a snuggling heap of bodies, "You're right, I don't want to leave the area for too long. But I know it will complicate things with you, Rosalie. You don't change, appearance wise I mean."

"Well," Rosalie hummed as she thought, her hands stroking the stomach of the wolf. Leah in turn held Serena as she was held in Leah's arms. "It's true, I can't really stay near humans without it being noticed I am not normal. But I could stay close to an area without many humans. Far away from prying eyes and all that."

"The reservation would be perfect... There are places where the public is not allowed to come, but I am not sure whether we can convince them. After all, we have the treaty which only I seem to be allowed to break."

"Yeah, perhaps we can foster a closer friendship with the tribe? Show them that we mean no harm or are not evil," Serena uttered, purring as she snuggled into the warmth to the delight of Leah.