Snowy Squirrel - Minsung

Collab with minhopuppy
Squirrel hybrid Jisung
Minsung
Soft
Fluffy

———-

There's a lot Minho dislikes about winter. The freezing cold, the short days and long nights and the fact that on some days it seemed like the sun was not there at all.
But it only needed one night of snow for the ravenette to forget about all the things he hated about the cold season. And how could he ever stay grumpy when he currently watched his squirrel boyfriend hop through the snow, soft squeals of pure happiness escaping the adorable boy.
"Minmin!"

"What?"

The tiny squirrel hybrid turned around with the brightest smile on his face and threw a snowball at his boyfriend.

They were currently walking through the snowy winter forest, enjoying the fresh snow of the last night and for a moment Minho couldn't help but feel like he was walking a dog. Well, a squirrel, his squirrel. Jisung was always a few meters ahead of him, jumping from side to side of the path and inspecting whatever seemed interesting to him. Minho had caught him collecting a few acorns and walnuts as well.

"Are we really starting a snowball fight now, huh?" The older male chuckled at his boyfriend's excitement as he jogged over to Jisung to grab him by his waist, tickling the small squirrel boy's sides.

"N-no!"

"I think yes."

The little hybrid could only squeal when Minho picked him up to lay him on a thick layer of snow, making sure to ruffle the younger's hair properly with his wet, snowy glove.

"Minmin!"

Before the ravenette could start another tickle attack on his poor boyfriend, Jisung quickly transformed into a tiny, fluffy, red squirrel and rushed off with a cute squeak. He knew that Minho would never be able to follow him when he was in his animal form, he was too quick and too small. His boyfriend would lose track of him within the first seconds in the middle of the forest, he knew that. The little squirrel happily hopped through the snow, hidden by a few branches and bushes before he climbed on a tree, making sure to choose a lower branch so Minho still had a chance to actually find him.

Minho playfully rolled his eyes, Minho knew that Jisung was likely hiding in a tree rather than a bush so he played along and peaked into a few bushes along the way, calling out for his boyfriend.
"Sungie!" "Where'd you go?"
Listening out for any rustling and keeping his eyes peeled for any lumps of snow falling off branches , it didn't take long for Minho to spot the bushy tail of his boyfriend. It was clear the hybrid was trying to hide behind the tree, but his tail was just sticking out a bit too much. Offering up the hiding place due to the red being a stark contrast to the white around them.

Giving a smirk Minho took a detour around where Jisung was hidden. So he could approach from behind.

He could see his squirrel jumping up and down on the spot probably more from excitement than coldness, his fur usually protecting him more during the winter time. His tail was swishing slightly as he peaked around the tree looking for Minho.
Minho had to hold back his laughter as he noticed Jisung moving slightly outwards to look for Minho, he could almost hear the squeaks coming from the hybrid at how confused he was.

Taking a couple more steps making sure to be careful not to crunch the snow too much Minho reached out and grabbed Jisung.

The red squirrel gave a loud squeak and his claws came round and scratched Minho on the face.
He quickly paused as he noticed who his attacker was. Jisung made his way down Minho's coat clutching onto the jumper that was fluffy enjoy to keep him warm.

"Really?" Minho playfully tutted and shook his head as Jisung clambered up so that his head was pointing out of the coat.

Minho crossed his arms over his chest to help keep Jisung steady as he leant down and kissed the boy's furry face.

"Let's get you back inside hmm?, I know there's some hot chocolate calling your name." Minho let Jisung bury himself into the coat further.

Minho stroked Jisung's head lightly as they headed out of the forest and back towards their cosy house.

- - - - - -  -

Hopes you enjoyed this oneshot! Giving you a sneak peak into our collab work as we plan a fic together 🫣👀😉
Go check out minhopuppy she has great fics!! (Very soft and cute) 🥰