Hyunjin - Play with Fire

-based on Hyunjin's new SKZPlayer
-Prince AU
-short
-Can be read as a companion to Rags and Royals OS

——

Hyunjin rolled his eyes as his brother was once again taking charge of the council meeting.

"If we manage to secure a trade with Hielm then we can start building more resources" Minho commented as he was looking down at some documents.

Hyunjin rolled his eyes," Hielm don't want to trade with us, remember?"

Minho stopped what he was doing and looked over at his brother, all the councilmen also stared at the younger prince. He rarely spoke up.

"We have to try Hyunjin, you need to be positive about these things" Minho gave a forced smile and grabbed his pen to jot down some notes.

Shifting in his seat Hyunjin looked at the council men who were eagerly discussing the finances they had available.

"Min, they won't want to trade, we know this" Hyunjin raised his voice slightly.

Minho looked at his brother and gave a sigh holding his head, "Hyunjin, you don't know what you are talking about, Hielm are our neighbouring kingdom becoming allies will do us good. We can start to secure more land as well"

Hyunjin pushed himself up, "I bet you don't remember Hielm are also the ones who killed our mother" he snapped.

Minho sucked in a breath, "you don't think I remember that?! You can't say anything about that Hyunjin because you weren't helping defend the castle, you were off at your stupid dance lessons in the village"  The elder had also stood at this point.

Tears were building in the youngest eyes, "I can't help that, I just want to live a normal life I -"

"YOU ARENT NORMAL HYUNJIN YOU'RE ROYALTY, A PRINCE." Minho shouted out.
The few councilmen at the table jumped.

Hyunjin let out a weary scoff, "A prince who doesn't even get a word in about our assets, about anything apparently" pushing away from his seat,the boy left the council room.

As he left the room his advisor was immediately by his side, "please leave me alone Innie" Hyunjin spoke softly before the younger could get a word in.

"Of course your highness"
Jeongin gave a quick bow and suddenly slipped into the shadows no questions asked.

Hyunjin wiped his eyes on the white shirt  sleeve and pushed his long hair out his face. It fell back anyways.

The prince made his way down the long corridor down to the one room where he visited a lot. His dance studio.
It wasn't much of a studio, it was the old throne room, brick pillars, brick flooring, not the best for dancing on but the light was incredible. The large glass windows that ran down the back wall let in an astounding amount of light.  There were a few lamp rests on the pillars and so Hyunjin took the time to light them all.

Standing in front of the gold mirror was something the prince had began doing daily. Telling himself he was good enough and that he was a good prince for the kingdom. Right now his mind couldn't focus on anything. His thoughts were racing.

A stupid prince who can't make any good decisions
A disappointment
A failure

A ball of fire waiting to explode on how much he hated his role to be perfect, what his brother says,and following the rules to a T.

Using his teeth the prince untied a ribbon of fabric that was winding round his wrist. It was thin and white, holding it in his mouth as he fixed up his hair.

He felt suffocated and that's when he let it all out.
Moves flew out of him, sharp and strong.
Flowing from one to the other, Hyunjin pulled off the cape that he had to wear because of his prince title. he didn't need it. He was a dancer right now not a prince.

Immediately as the cape flew off the prince forgot everything he needed to do as a royal. His moves became harder and faster as he danced better than he ever had.
He was full of rage from his brother, he was letting it all out. He felt like the world was black and white as he moved across the floor.

Spotting a rose on the ground the dancer picked it up with his teeth, as he turned and moved he let the petals fall.
His clothes weren't made for dancing in and so they became untucked and unbuttoned as he stretched to his fullest.

Catching the light was his pierced belly button. No one knew. His father would probably be okay with it. Minho would definitely be jealous of it that much is true.

As he finished the dance he let out a tired breath, turning towards the door he knew he needed to face Minho and claim his place as not just a prince, but someone with a voice.